TAT Looking for some help with a with a concept for ink...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by minus, Jul 25, 2008.

1. minus

minus Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright B

I've been thinking about a "worthwhile" idea to translate into a tattoo. I may get something fire service related later on but it's only been 5 years.

I am thinking about a memorial tattoo for my grandfather. I lost him July 11, 2005 at the age of 86. He came here from cuba just before the revolution learned english ran 3 service stations and a parts store and somehow made time for his 3 kids and 7 grandchildren. I spent tons of time with him and my grandmother. He had a large rc plane collection I used to go fly planes with him at least once a week.

One plane he had was called fly baby. To call this plane a baby was an understatement the wingspan was roughly 112" inches. [​IMG]
    (Still trying to find a picture of his plane found this one on google).

I'm thinking about getting a band on my calf that has the plane flying in the clouds. It would need to be big enough to where I could put fly baby on the plane.

I'm wondering if you guys think this is do able before I even go and talk to a shop.

2. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Yes it can be done.

3. minus

minus Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright B

:bowdown: I was looking for someone with experience to say yes there is enough real estate on most peoples calves or no your out of your mind. Thanks :).

4. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

I'd recommend putting the plane name on the side of the plane though. More room for a larger font and it'll look better over time.

5. eelliiss

eelliiss Active Member

This is on someone's forearm (I think) so I'd imagine your calf would be more than enough room for your idea.

[​IMG]