Looking for some help, willing to pay :o

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 93ex, Mar 29, 2008.

1. 93ex

93ex New Member

So I'm doing my senior project this semester, which involves a campus photomonitoring website. For years people have been taking pictures at predetermined locations around campus, but nothing has been done with the pictures. I figured that taking them, organizing them, and putting them together online would be a good senior project. Now here is where I need some help.

No- I dont want someone to do the website for me, I've already done that part, but after spending a full day uploading pictures to the right directories, I realized that this project will never be continued by someone else unless it is a little more user friendly.

What I was interested in, was seeing if anyone could create an uploader page, but with some specifics.

Each physical campus location has pictures taken at the 4 cardinal directions.
    So in the directory you have
    Site X/(North, south, east, west)/Images

And an XML document called "images.xml" or whatever, and this xml document controls the slideshow that is in place to display the pictures.

Now, every picture has a unique file name that has all the relevant information about location, position, and date.

Is it possible: To create an upload page, that will allow the pictures to be uploaded to the various specific directories, edit the file names as they are uploaded, and then update the xml document?

I dont know what these things cost, so I'm not going to take a guess and insult anyone, I guess just reply or Pm me and we can go from there. Thanks.

2. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

uh, so ultimately you are asking someone to do your senior project for you.

3. CodeX

CodeX Guest

I think what you are looking for is imageshack.us...

4. 93ex

93ex New Member

No, not really. I already uploaded ~400 pictures and manually edited the xml document to reflect the order in the slide show, it just took me ~6 hours to do it. I can keep going with the next batch of pictures, but I was just hoping someone could help out to make this a million times faster, and maybe for the next guy doing this, it will be much easier instead of doing this the way I had to.

5. CodeX

CodeX Guest

What kind of loser browses through over 400 pictures of a college campus?

6. m0nk3y

m0nk3y Not now, chief.

call me.

7. Frequency

Frequency New Member

The same loser that gets in arguments over a programming language on a message board?

8. 93ex

93ex New Member

Dont have your number anymore.