Looking for some good 2 player coop games (360)

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by Thisisnew, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Thisisnew

Thisisnew Guest

I'm looking for some good (2 player) coop games that me and my friend can play together (same xbox, not over live). It seems like games with a good coop mode are slowly dying (and often limited to FPSs....not that I mind a good FPS, but I do enjoy some variety).

We've already played

gow/gow2
    halo series
    borderlands
    army of two
    marvel ultimate alliance/2
    left 4 dead

I know there is a lot I'm forgetting since its 5am, but this should give a rough idea. Out of the (few) I listed, GoW, Halo (1st one), borderlands and MUA 2 were really fun to play. Oh and L4D obviously was another one. Army of two was enjoyable and worth the play through, but not as much as the other ones.

Obviously I'll be getting L4D2 when it comes out, along with MW2. But if anyone has any recommendations for games with awesome coop, it'd be incredibly appreciated. They can either be new (or coming out very soon), or older games (they can even be regular xbox games, provided they are backwards compatible.

On that note, has anyone played gauntlet: seven sorrows for (original) xbox? Me and my friend are both big gauntlet fans, but we don't want to ruin our memories of the :bowdown: first ones. Then again seven sorrows is ~5 years old now, so we'll probably pick it up anyway just because its around ~$10.

cliffs: looking for 2 player coop games (not over live), old or new, for 360. Can be any genre; it'd be nice to have a non FPS since most coop games seem to be that...but really we dont care as long as its a good game.

if someone recommends a :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: game that we play through and love, I can give a what.cd invite or something for it.

Hopefully ot comes through with some solid ideas :x:

2. EscapingJail

EscapingJail Playing To Win

learn some fighting games like Street Fighter 4

Fighters never get stale for me and I can always go back and play them if I have a friend who is also willing.

3. Nacho

Nacho Fancy words here.

The new Halo (ODST) has co-op, and they added Firefight (Horde knockoff).

The Rainbow 6 Vegas games were pretty fun co-op as well. Oh and Resident Evil 5 was co-op..... actually that game sucked ass not playing co-op. :o

On Live you could get Castle Crashers or Ikaruga. Both multiplayer games (first one is 4-player) and fun.

I've been running into the same problems though, as multiplayer seems to be moving away from local to online setups. :hs:

4. Yoritomo

Yoritomo dad's jar chimer

Earth Defense Force 2017

5. preston

preston Active Member

soon to be mw2 spec ops :mamoru:

6. Los

Los Active Member

Vegas is hot

7. A Juggalo

A Juggalo Active Member

its cold here

8. Tan_Man

Tan_Man New Member

gauntlet legends series :bowdown: seven sorrows if i remember correctly was solid, you can't go wrong for $10

you should try the Hunter series for original xbox if you're into gauntlet legends type games

9. tibbar

tibbar aww fennec foxah aww

Sacred 2 has coop, watched my roommate play with a friend, it's action RPG (think diablo 2)

10. Eticket109

Eticket109 Nibbles, chew through my ball sack. Moderator

Resident Evil 5 if you haven't played it already.

11. Thisisnew

Thisisnew Guest

bringing this theead from the dead; we need more games to play

the game that was most enjoyable from the list was sacred 2, whoever suggested that pm me for a what.cd invite (provided you arent already on it)

alright, so far we have beaten:

gow/gow2
    halo series
    borderlands
    army of two
    marvel ultimate alliance/2
    left 4 dead/2
    halo odst
    rainbow 6 vegas/2
    earth defense force 2017
    gauntlet seven sorrows (was not nearly enjoyable as the other gauntlet games, not even the other xbox one -- dunno wtf happened there. no secrets, no unlockable chars, etc. i wish the other one was nackwars compatible)
    lotr: conquest
    battlefront/2

i think that covers it, although i might be missing one or two. i'm still looking for any CO-OP game that i haven't listed here (for 360 only). CO-OP as in we play through campaign together. (for example, NOT street fighter escapingjail :squint: )

but seriously, if anyone has any recommendations, whether for 360 or a backwards compatible original xbox i'd love to hear it. genre doesnnt matter. just looking for fun games to go through with my friend.

oh and again, if someone suggests a game we really enjoy ill give them a what.cd invite. if i (and also my friend) REALLY enjoy it, maybe ill even buy you a sub :o

cliffs: need coop games to play on 360 (can also be backwards compatible xbox games). already beaten all on list. will give a what.cd invite to best suggestion, or possibly even a sub if i really love it.

12. Ando

Ando CDN Member

Special Ops mode on modern warfare 2 is pretty sick.

13. Justintiime

Justintiime OT Supporter

halo 2 campaign is epic

14. charbaby

charbaby New Member

Lego games

15. Yoritomo

Yoritomo dad's jar chimer

16. GamerAsh

GamerAsh SKATE crew

Arrogant peice of shit. EscapingJail was only trying to help...

17. Thisisnew

Thisisnew Guest

:rofl::rofl: how long have you been here (especially in the MF)?

i'm not mad at him. it's not even like i ethugged him. i posted a squint because he suggested a fighting game when the thread title says "looking for CO-OP"

on that note, stfu and gtfo :madfawk:

18. Thisisnew

Thisisnew Guest

...and back on topic:

ive beat all the halos. 2 was fun but nothing beats halo 1 (especially its campaign) imo

spec-ops sounds fun, but i doubt its worth the full price of the game. i loved mw1, but i dont really want to get into a fps on live right now...so it's dumb to pay $66 for it. i will buy it eventually though, price just has to go down though :hs: (this is also what makes renting in dumb...i will buy it eventually for sp/mp/spec-ops, so why rent it + then buy it? ill just wait it out for now :o )

and thats where you guys come in: hopefully there are some good suggestions. last round you guys gave mea few new ones, which was :bowdown: hopefully you have some more, or remembered some you forgot :x:

oh and in reference to the lego games: i played lego star wars; it was fun, quirky and original...but i have no real urge to play another. i got my fill with the first one :hs:

cliffs: need more ideas :x:

19. georgexi

georgexi o.O OT Supporter

Rockband if you're into that :)

20. charbaby

charbaby New Member

Well I'm not sure if it's backwards compatible on the 360 but stubbs the zombie was a fun og xbox game and had co-op through the full game.

21. Thisisnew

Thisisnew Guest

Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse

is what I'm assuming the full name is...yeah it's BC, i guess i'll check it out

and while rockband is a good suggestion (at least its different from most coop games -- although i have nothing wrong with typical coop games, but uniqueness is a plus)...we've already played all the rockband and guitar hero games :hs:

22. roose

roose Guest

Kane & Lynch

Game is terrific fun split screen co-op.

23. Joker

Joker OT Supporter

Monopoloy

24. el gayvo

el gayvo Active Member

rainbow 6 vegas 2 was awesome coop :bowdown:

25. GamerAsh

GamerAsh SKATE crew

Long enough to know I'm fucking with you :p