Looking for recommendations RE digital camera

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by machine, Feb 3, 2005.

1. machine

machine Welcome to the Machine OT Supporter

I've just decided that I need a digital camera; I'm looking for something less than $200, and I don't neccesarily need mindblowing resolution.

I'm hoping for a camera thats easy to use, has a long battery life (if thats even possible), shoots well in the dark, little red-eye effect, and sufficient memory. I don't need anything with video on it, that would be a waste since I'd never use it. I'd rather the money go to features like better zoom or something instead.

2. JonDaAzn

JonDaAzn New Member

try looking at minolta cameras, they are bascially sony knockoffs, they have 5 megapixel resolution, decent battery life, different flash settings (including anti-red eye), can zoom and do macro pics, and use SD or those Sony memory cards. They sell for 179 at my local Frys, I have had one for 1-2 years and its been working well

3. imagiro

imagiro Guest

Canon A75. Just got one. Love it. Got some great reviews on cnet.com. Bestbuy just pulled them from the shelves, but you can find them online. Check cnet.com. Also, you can add different lenses and filters. Haven't bought any yet, but very cool.

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

stay away from sony and any sony-knockoffs.

I personally like the Kodak cameras.