Looking for opinions of rebound situation

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by tainted beef, Mar 25, 2009.

1. tainted beef

tainted beef I got Grape Nuts

Back story- I am 39, soon to be ex is 31. 2 kids, 11& 8. She moved out end os last August. Bought a house 1 mile away. She says we "lost " our sprk or whatever and wants a divorce. Filed in Jan Mediation is scheduled for April.

My 8 yr old daugther is friends with a girl who has a dad that is a single parent. His wife divorced him and moved to the west coast a few yrs ago. He has 2 girls 8 & 4. I believe my soon to be ex may be secretly dating this guy when I have the kids on my weekend. He just came out of a short term dating relationship when he found out his gf was dating someone else also.

This is classic rebound material is it not?

2. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Seems typical, she's your ex, what difference does it make?

3. just_another_on

Aside from the children.

4. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

good for her

5. tainted beef

I guess I am not quite over her yet, 10 yrs of marraige and 2 kids isnt somehting you just "get over" in 6 months when I didnt want the divorce to start with

6. just_another_on

K, you never stated that. You seemed pretty dry/ok w/ it in your post, aside from the quotes on 'spark'.

If you're not over her, maybe you need to come to a legit answer before you make an assumption. But one thing I can say, she being involved w/ your daughters friends parents (breathe) can be detrimental to the mentality/outlook of your children. They see 'mommy' with 'jamies daddy' all the time instead of with dad.

...er, you said only on the weekends you have the children? If thats the case and its strictly 'seperate' and the children aren't involved... its just time to move on bro.

This is the reason I dont want kids/marriage. I have one stand on it. I may love someone to fucking death, but as soon as that person feels differently, they're going to leave. Theres nothing you can do about it. The shitty part is the kids. The children are the ones who are always affected by this and are the ones with the least amount of say.

7. THoC

THoC New Member

so are you asking if your ex's relationship is bound to fail bc its a rebound?

does it matter? i know its not easy to get over an ex but spending time wondering if her new relationships will fail is not healthy.

8. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

the situation sucks, but if shes single, she can date anyone she chooses, whether its a rebound for her or not

9. tainted beef

Yeah, I guess what i'm looking for here is that she is rebounding and it will fail in her face. I have been with her since she was 20 and she was never in a long term relationship with anyone growing up. Her reasons for leaving are stupid and we could have fixed our loss of intimacy & time together

10. tainted beef

We had hectic schedules, with work, kids, activities, etc. THe time we did have on like Sat or a Sun either her sis's, mom, brothers, or all would be here taking aweay time we could have spent together. But she didnt see it like that, she thinks maariage is a lifetime tv show..

11. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

for yourself and for your children, you should go get some help to move on from this. maybe she is in the wrong and is the bad one in this situation, but it does you no good to dwell on it for the rest of your life, and it wont help your children at all.

12. tainted beef

I had been doing really well until I was laid off Feb 4th. Too much damn time spent at home dwelling on this shit....no money for activities

13. THoC

THoC New Member

you cant dwell on that bro. when my ex wife left me she jumped into a relationship w. the guy she was e-cheating on me with. they are now married and have been together for 4 yrs.
    i never dwelled on what she was doing or how shit would work out for her. once you are single its all about YOU!

how can you make YOURSELF happy after this shitty event.

focus on that instead of what she is doing.

14. D7

D7 OT Supporter

:werd:

That sucks. Think about volunteering your time in a capacity that will not cost you a lot, working out more, etc. You do need to find something to do though.

15. tainted beef

I was told yesterday that my old company has an opening for me in the next 2 weeks. I may just get out of here right now and go to the book store..

16. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Good for you, man. Get yourself sorted and you'll be fine.

And for the record, yeah, I think if she's dating this dude, it won't last.

So feel better and good luck.

17. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

List everyone has stated, its time for you. Don't worry about her. You have your kids and you life to deal with, thats more than enough. Take care of those two things you'll find happyness whatever it may be.

18. tainted beef

Ya know, after a good bit of thinking today I am moving the fuck forward bros! Fuck this stupid shit, I know there are women that would kill to have a guy like me! Her f'in loss, not mine! Thx guys

19. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

do it.:wavey:

20. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Your only worry right now should be yourself and your kids. Worrying about what she is or is not doing will only drive you crazy.

21. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:werd:

22. tainted beef

I'll be fine, its just having time bein laid off and no money for recreation. You're cute btw