GUN looking for new hunting rifle.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by bulzeye, Nov 22, 2005.

1. bulzeye

bulzeye Meatatarian

was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Savage 11FHNS. really like the feel of the accutrigger. looking to get it in .270 WSM

2. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

my brother has a savage 110 in 270 win, accurate, light.. nice rifle

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I got savage in 30-06 its pretty good

4. one66stang

one66stang Haters.com

I have a Savage 110 30-06 and I will put it up against and Rem. or Ruger any day.

5. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

so would I.. my brothers savage is a tackdiver.. cheaper than my ruger too..

heres my Ruger M77MKII .270 @ 100 yards

[​IMG]

thats the best I ever shot it.. tried some new ammo this year.. Federal Fusion 130 gr. Usually I use Winchester Super X Power point, which isnt bad, and a hell of a lot more accurate than Rem Core Lokt

6. mrbill

mrbill New Member

can't go wrong with Savage unless it's been abused.

7. bulzeye

bulzeye Meatatarian

i know how good savage barrels are but was wodering more on the lines of the accutrigger. i mean it feels nice in the shop but have you guys got to shoot one with it?

8. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

ive never shot one, but have only heard good things about em..

9. one66stang

one66stang Haters.com

The trigger on my 110 SUCKS HUGE BALZZ. I love the gun but the trigger does suck. It IS NOT the accutrigger.

A Hunting Rifle to me really doesn't need to have a "good" trigger. A decent on will work just fine for the 3-4 times your going to shoot at game a year.

10. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

People that hunt but only shoot their rifles while actually shooting at game shouldn't be hunting.

11. one66stang

one66stang Haters.com

If I take my "hunting rifle" out 3-4 times a year and run 1/2 box through it I would say thats plenty.

So lets say for the 40 rounds a year you run through a "hunting rifle" I would say a "mediocre" trigger is fine.

Thats not to say I dont shoot a 1000 rounds a year out of a .223 and 22-250 and a .308 just for fun. I see no reason to shoot heavy with high doallr ammo when I can shoot cheap stuff and have "most" of the same practice.

Loud bang and recoil.

12. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My savage and a few other hunting type rifles i have get shot pretty rarely maybe once or twice a year to the range. My handguns, AR's and other rifles are a different story they goto the range with me everytime. I enjoy shooting the AR and AK's alot more then the savage.

13. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

If you practice with something else it's a different story, I apologize. I was referring to the guys whose only practice is firing 2 or 3 shots to make sure their guns are sighted in and then considering themselves marksmen. I'm kinda touchy when it comes to this subject right now because I saw 3 deer today missing half their legs because some jackasses don't take the time to learn to shoot. Nothing worse than wounding an animal simply because you're lazy.

14. bulzeye

bulzeye Meatatarian

i don't want a mediocre trigger though. i'm suppose to be going to a couple different states mule deer hunting with my father and brother and every little bit helps as far as i'm concerned.

15. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

:werd:

these once a year fags, who take their gun to the range the day before hunting season and shoot 3 shots at a paper plate..

those are the types that consider themselves gun owners, but they think people shouldn't have AR-15's..

16. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:werd: goto the range in the begining of the fall and start shooting any sort of semi auto with a magazine and your bound to hear "what do you need that for" I dont know who I hate more them or politicans who'de love to bring back a stronger AWB, cause those fucks would be the first to sell out the rest of us as long as they get to keep there bolt action rifles.