looking for information on insulin and found this: *article*

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by ccrooks, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

2. AaronOC

AaronOC Guest

:bowdown: that guy knows his shit

3. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

i just thought it was a pretty good read... i barely contribute anything concrete here, so i thought i'd throw that out there

i'd been wondering about insulin spikes, too

4. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

so, basically, during/after a workout, when the body's grabbing for nutrients, you induce an insulin spike by feeding on carbs because insulin facilitates the absorbing of nutrients... and control your insulin throughout the day by limiting carbs because excess insulin can trigger fat storage

is this right?

5. N-Word-Jim

N-Word-Jim Cure for boredom

That's the jist of the concept.

I wasn't a fan, I have more success being on a weekly carb cycling diet. No (like 20g I'd guess) carbs with tons of fat and protein M-F, then mostly carbs & protein with a bit of fats (say 50g during the day) and lots of cals on Saturday. Maybe a carby early morning shake on Sunday pre-workout.

This does a pretty good job refilling your completely depleted glycogen stores and then you deplete them again by 2ish days later and the fat melts off :). The fat keeps falling off even during your carb-up day as your body is just using the carbs to fill your glycogen stores and still using fat as energy (as you've hopefully trained it to do by eating lots of fat during the day (50% or so of cals from fat).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.