Looking for inexperineced 19-16 year old programers!!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by darkying, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkying

darkying New Member

Hey there, I'm looking for some very specific people to form a programing group. They must meet most of these characteristics:

- Strong will to learn how to program, having some experience in it is great, but nothing beats actually wanting to learn.
    - Guru's forbidden to join.
    - Not afraid to work, this group is for working in many projects, to learn and to become great coders
    - IQ, at a bare minimum of 1 xD
    - Can give dedication to coding and learning about computers

If you're interested keep on reading:

Ok, wasn't gona waste your time reading this intro if you weren't really interested. I'm a 18 year old coding lover from Spain. For over 2 years now, me and a friend called Neomurder (17, also from Spain) have been working in tons of small projects in order to learn how to program, and in the process have learnt :

- C++
    - Allegro Library (C++)
    - SDL Library (C++)
    - QT Library (C++)
    - Python
    - XHTML
    - CSS
    - Javascript
    - XML
    - XSL
    - Actionscript (Flash)
    - Lua

In varying degree.

We've been doing projects like a Map editor in C++, the beginning of a Python code generator, several web pages (like inaugura.es), a RPG called HIAF (which I'm currently starting on the 3rd version of the AI engine using Lua Scripting), and a few others, but we're only 2 and we want to work in bigger projects, to learn more. And to be frank, a 2 person team is boring.

"Well, then go to some of the many online groups, like the one on your signature, and learn from there" Right? that would be the obvious thing to do.

But we want something different, we want to form a tight knit group of programers, of around our same age, happy code hunters, explorers of languages, people who want to grow with us from the very bottom all the way to gurus. We want ti'll 4 a.m. coffee + coke coding sessions with all the group, to produce cool applications, programs that however good or bad, are actually ours,and what's more important, that we enjoy coding.

And this just doesn't happen in bigger, already established groups, where there are already gurus, you miss the joy of learning there, being walked trough every baby step.
    Well, what I'm trying to explain is a bit hard, but hopefully you'll be able (if you've read this far) to read between lines to the feeling I want to explain :p

That doesn't mean that we don't cooperate or work in projects from other groups, or even beefing in other groups (like furix for example) to learn, fatter experience and make friends. But our group (which should be 'bout 6 to 8 people) would work together in many projects, some paid (perhaps, we've already had one or 2 of those) but most just for the sake of coding and learning.

We would have waited ti'll next year, when we start computer science at the UPV (Tecnological University of Valencia... GOD I'm sure I've misspelled all the words except Valencia here xD ) but it seems a waste to loose al summer, and besides, we've got a big project coming up which we can't handle just on our own.

So we figured we'd see if anyone like us existed out there in the wide web, and the best place to start was the cradle of art and originality in the web, DA. ^^

Well, if you got fired up and meet the requirements (more or less, 1 year more, 1 year less doesn't really matter) specially the strong will to work and learn, and can answer a: "Nah, that's too difficult for you, forget it, there's no way you can do that, you're just beefing stupid thinking you can make it" with a: *grin* "... want to bet on it?"

Contact me!!!!

You can reach me by sending a note or at: dark.ying '@' gmail.com

2. darkying

darkying New Member

Oh and please answer via E-mail, I cant keep track of everyone otherwise... lol

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

fucking pedo

4. darkying

darkying New Member

Luv you too ^_^ , but no need to be so explicit, people might look wrong at us :love:

5. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

A touching sentiment, but writing code has never been a social event, at least from what I've seen.

6. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

3 posts. :ugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.