looking for european rims

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Shogun, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Shogun

Shogun Turntable tactician

I have an 89 max and i wanted to get some "open" rims, and i wanted to stay cheap and i was wondering what rims you guys like out of all of any of the euro stock rims. I just dropped about 1500 on a sound system so im a little broke lol. so if i could find some sweet rims for way cheap id buy them in a heartbeat

2. Chris87

Chris87 flatoutperformance.com

Ok.... What the hell? An '89 "max"? Maxima? And what in the world are "Open" wheels?

Diameter?

And generally, real "euro" wheels and "cheap" don't belong in the same sentence.

3. Shogun

when i say "open" i mean like 5 spoke rims....you can see the brakes. My MAXIMA has wheels that are literally closed...you CANNOT see the brakes, lol rub it in my face im an idiot, thanks

4. Chris87

Chris87 flatoutperformance.com

Not trying to rub anything in your face, but your description was a bit vague... and still is. A 5 spoke european wheel...... You've got about 1000 options.

What's your understanding of "euro"? You can get a basic 5 star wheel from anywhere. Are you looking for something with a huge lip? Staggered? Euro brands like BBS or RH or Schmidt? What feature of a "euro" wheel are you looking at getting here?

You can't really come on here expecting to find a wheel made in Europe for your Japanese-made car without more of a description on what you're looking for. You haven't even said what diameter you want.

5. spiffy_badrock

spiffy_badrock I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.

The "5-spoke" idea is not strictly european. Depending on size, if your looking for 17;s expect to drop $1,000 at bare minium with tires (unless you go used.) a reccomendation would be the X-Wheel Brand from Tires.com. Its an in-house brand that is very cheap (ie $90-$115/Wheel). Be warned, though dont look for BBS quality without a BBS price.

6. Redline Racer

Redline Racer Subaru Tecnica International

[​IMG]

Is that the kind of rim you're after? Thats from Discount Tire Direct ATS Planet avaliable in 17x7 from $90 each.

Fairly Euro-style and appears kinda cheap to me.

7. Thayne

Thayne TRANCE/420 Crew

Those look ok.

8. Shogun

cool thx guys