Looking for Cheap Camaro 1970-1979

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by BradUF, Aug 17, 2005.

1. BradUF

BradUF Guest

My other car costs an arm and a leg to replace parts for and half the parts dont fit because aftermarket sucks. So I am looking to get a Camaro between those years, I would really love an SS or z28. I have 500.00 and looking to get a non rusted frame and if possible a slightly working engine to go along with. Im not sure where to look online for a car like that, Autotrader has the 20k restored cars and I dont want that, I want a clunker.

I have been told of great deals in this day of age. My friend just picked up a Chevelle with working engine, and no body dmg for 500.00. So maybe its possible for me to do the same?

2. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I have been looking up parts Vs. my Stingray Corvette and a set of Door Panels for my corvette is 600 and for the Camaro is 100..

3. CastorTroy

CastorTroy New Member

You can always find hot deals around, it just requires enough looking and patience. Usually the best deals I've heard of is a "guy who knows a guy who knows this old lady" type of deals.

The 2nd gen Camaros are abundant and reasonable in price, you'll eventually find one.

4. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Yeah it seems like I will just have to wait for one to fall in my lap, for the best deal.

5. dednyori's

dednyori's Brunettes FTMFW!

6. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Also about how much would one cost with no body or frame dmg. No rust etc. And an engine that runs. Not looking for mint, just looking to restore but not have to dump tons of money to have something major repaired.