GUN Looking for Cheap ammo prices in the Northern Virginia Area???

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ffxhub, Feb 5, 2004.

1. ffxhub

ffxhub OT Supporter

Basically I can order out of a wholesaler catalog that my family has been ordering out of for years. Ammo prices are really good, like $6 for a box of 9mm, and better if you get a case. Let me know if you are looking for anything and I can get a quote when I get home to the mag. You'll have to come pickup in Northern Virginia but the prices are much better then going to walmart or your local gun shop.

Mods I was going to put this in the forsale forum but i figured none of us would see it. If it needs to be moved just let me know.

2. Furner

Furner New Member

forget 9mm, lets talk .223 FMJ, I know Im not alone when I ask what prices you can get for factory new ammunition.

3. ffxhub

ffxhub OT Supporter

Any particular bullet weight you are looking for, or brand you prefer. I am assuming you are looking for something just cheap to shoot out of the ARs right? Oh yeah I won't be able to ship for you, thats why I said VA, but I'll get a price this evening and let you guys know.

4. ffxhub

ffxhub OT Supporter

Ok, my best price is on .223 is going to cost you:

$125 for 1000 Rounds of Wolf 5.56MM (.223) - 55GR or 62GR

If you don't like wolf well the prices are a little bit higher.

Federal L/C 223REM 55GR FMJ - $95 for 500 rounds.
    PMC 223 55GR FMJ - $190 for 1000 rounds.
    Winchester USA 223RM 55GR FMJ - $240 for 1000 rounds - or $5 per 20 rounds.

The thing here is if you order 1000 or more on most you get a better deal, 500 for the Federal. If you don't want that many rounds well then they go up in price,but not too much about $1.00 a box. They seem pretty competitive in price, but I know some people dont like Wolf.

5. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

dude, $95 for 500 is a ripoff, even for XM193. you should not spend more than $170-180, preferrable shipped, for 1000 rounds of M193. you can get 1200 rounds of IMI M193 from botach (i know, some people have problems with botach, but both times i've ordered, it's come within two weeks) for $195 shipped. that's a deal.

as for 9mm, are you looking for 9mm NATO, just plinking ammo, defense loads, what?

6. RRTX

RRTX New Member

I can get 1000 rds of the Wolf for $107 from Cheaper Than Dirt, $173 for 1000 rds of the PMC......maybe less with my preferred customer card :naughty:

7. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

have fun with wolf. it'll never touch the inside of my chamber. while it might work fine in a mini-14, and SOME people will run it through their AR's, i will never bother. it's not accurate enough, you can't use it for defense because it sucks, and there's a HIGH probability of failure in an AR.

8. ffxhub

ffxhub OT Supporter

Well actually for the wolf the best price I can get is $89 for 1000 rounds, but I was just guestimatinng while at work.

As for 9mm we get them at about $4.25 a box for a case price which is the best price I have ever seen. If you find something better then that let me know because we go through quite a bit of it. This is CCI ammo, so not the best but something to shoot. As for the .223 I don't shoot them but I was just throwing a round about price out there. I got the exact prices from the catalog when I got home this evening

9. Furner

Furner New Member

why cant you ship the ammo????

ps. i use wolf, and although i have never had a malfunction of any sort with it, it will only touch my current AR with an older barrel, it wont ever touch the M4gery when it is finished.

10. ffxhub

ffxhub OT Supporter

I get it shipped to me, and I don't want to deal with shipping that shit out. Sorry, thats why I said Northern Virginia Only. It woudl cost too much to ship it twice.