SRS Looking for advice with moving on.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Potatosalad, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Potatosalad

Potatosalad New Member

I just recently went through a break-up with someone I cared a great deal for. Eventually our relationship got pretty rocky and she decided that we needed some time apart. I went through the desparation stage for a while, but have since moved past. I love her and all, but I don't want to waste my time chasing something that won't work. I'm happy with myself now and have refrained from contacting her for a while. During the day and most of the evening I seem to be fine. I keep myself relatively busy by exercising, going out, etc. However, when I go to sleep some nights, my mind races thinking about our relationship. The thoughts have moved from initially regretting my actions to, more or less, sadness now. My big question is how can I get past this? It seems to be affecting my sleep somewhat, and I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions and/or advice on how to stop it? Thanks!

2. TheGetUpkid

TheGetUpkid New Member

The only advice I can give you is that it will get easier as time passes. I can actually relate to you (ended a 4 year relationship about a month ago) and I still have trouble getting to sleep.

3. Potatosalad

Potatosalad New Member

That's kind of what I thought, I just need time. It has been about 3 or 4 weeks for me, so it's still relatively soon I think.

4. Ladybird

Ladybird New Member

Time heals even the deepest of wounds.

I had a terrible time doing anything after my first serious relationship. But it does get easier, it also helps if you can get away for a while do something you never thought you could/would and just get away from everything that is so common place..

hay hay! you never know you might meet somone else who will completly blow you away, and I know itsn ot easy to let your self fall for somone else when you still feel hung up on your ex but its always worth a shot : )

5. Crush

Crush Epidural hematoma up in this bitch

Get in the gym, join a football team, get out and enjoy life. She will fade faster than you can imagine. Oh and do NOT talk to her.

6. TheGetUpkid

TheGetUpkid New Member

:werd: Even if you two ended on good terms, do not talk to her at all. Communicating with her will only prolong your healing

7. Potatosalad

Potatosalad New Member

Thank you for the advice guys. It shall be tough, but I suppose it's what I need to do.

8. McFly

McFly New Member

I have been going through a similar thing myself. I know exactly how you feel. There were a couple times laying in bed I would just literally scream, frustrated about all kinds of things that went wrong or what I could have done differently. It's really hard to see her move on as fast as she has. I have met some great new friends since then. What helps me sometimes is to talk about it with your close friends. They have offered me advice and angles I never even thought of. Also this sub forum has tons of great advice and stories exactly like this.
    http://www.enotalone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42

Good luck and hang in there!