SRS Looking for advice on asking girl out.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Patriarch, May 27, 2005.

1. Patriarch

Patriarch New Member

Alright guys im looking for some advice, im a sophomore in high school, havent dated before, im too shy to ask anyone out, i talk to girls like just conversation but too shy to do anything, but the last day of school for the year is coming up in like 3 days, and 2 of them are finals days, and im thinking about asking this girl i really like out, I dont really know her, just know of her,(stressing that) we havent really seriously met, even though i have 3 classes with her, but im just wondering what i should do lol. should i go ask her out? Since ive never dated before i dont really know how it works lol if that makes any sense at all, specially since i wont be regularly seeing her like i would normally since schools gonna be out. I dont know if she likes me her not, could be but who knows, i think shes really shy too, dont see her really talking to guys that often, but if im gonna do someting it would have to be in the next few days, i cnat just wait and see if something just happens on its own, there is no way of knowing htat i would ever get another class with her again.

2. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Never ask her out. Have dinner, but be too emotionally damaged from your previous secret-engagement to behave in a date-like manner. Instead, play cuddle bitch for 6 months. Do things for her that boyfriends normally do, and expect nothing in return but the enjoyment of her company. Let her take you for granted. Watch what little respect others have for you evaporate as you become her puppy. In the end, take on enormous responsibility she bestows upon you, and go with it... only to be abandoned, unappreciated, and thoroughly... unremembered.

Choke back tears late at night two months later, because the only woman you've spoken to and connected with in two months, in a foreign land, left to meet the Dalai Lama and now you're all alone. Feel like a pathetic asshat, and take it out on a teenage boy on the internet who is only looking for help. Feel a little better, because you are a sadist cathartic. Then write about it, making it all okay.

Or not.

Last edited: May 27, 2005
  3. chunky

chunky frank and beans!

ask her for her #/aim/email etc so you can call her to hang out over the summer. asking her on a date on the last day of school is a mistake.

4. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Sign yearbook. Leave digits. Say you've always wanted to hang out with her, that you think she's a cool chick, and to call you over the summer.

5. Patriarch

Patriarch New Member

yea thats what i was kind of thinking it would be hard since i wont regularly be seeing her like i do during the school year, would it be weird to ask her for her #/aim/email, cause like i know her name and she knows mine, but we dont know each other personally, cant really sign her yearbook unless i asked her to bring it to school so i could sign it lol

6. Bleed

Bleed New Member

bring your yearbook to school, have people in your class sign it, then casually ask her. as she's writing, just ask her to write her email in there also. email isn't a big deal since it's kind of impersonal anyway so most girls wont have problems giving that out. you can chat with her via email and if things go well you can get her AIM and phone number from there. :)

7. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

In 6th grade, a red-headed girl who had a twin sister and was named... I lost that part, bad with names, (KRISTEN!) wrote in my yearbook, "Call me sometime this summer, you're cute. 770-###-####. I was fat and smart, and everyone made fun of me when I wasn't making them laugh hysterically. I thought she was just pitying me, so I didn't call.

But I still remember, even though rats probably ate the yearbook years ago.

I hope that helps you in your decision.

8. Patriarch

Patriarch New Member

Alright say i was just to go up to her and say like you wanna hang out or something this summer? Do you think she would be weirded out or anything cause remember i dont really know her at all? (cant really do the yearbook thing, we already had yearbook signing day)

9. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Sure...there's a good chance she'll be weirded out. But look at it this way...if you don't try you'll never know anyway and you're no better off.

Just keep it light and fun....she'll feel as awkward about it as you will. But if it's light and playful you can both shrug it off if it doesn't end up going the way you want it.

Oh you couldn't have counted the number of awkward situations I got myself into at your age :hsd:

10. Patriarch

Patriarch New Member

Damnt, im just gonna go for it lol, if she says no who cares, im just gonna find her when shes alone tuesday and ask her, as long as i dont chicken out at the last minute. Thanx tons for all your replys guys, they've helped me so much.

Last edited: May 28, 2005
  11. Noted for when I'm reincarnated in my next life. :rofl:

12. Better to be rejected [if that happens] than sacrifice your character and solifying your place as a coward. Nothing is more vexatious than laying in bed alone each night awake and depressed as your spirit chokes on regret. I get rejected sometimes, and it isn't exactly pleasant, but at least I can sleep soundly knowing I'm not a pussy.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2005
  13. Mars Princess

Mars Princess They hatin'

hey man, tell her "Hey I have noticed you before and I'm sorry we never got to hang out, now that it's the end. You doing anything for the summer?" Treat it like a conversation and gab. see if she is doin something else you plan on doing, and say you should meet up. and then say, "you got an email so I can get in contact with ya , when something comes up?"

:)

I mean, it's whatever. Not guranteed but you might as well go for it!! good luck!! :)

14. Patriarch

Patriarch New Member

Jeez lol I dont know why but its the scariest thing, guess it will probably come easier once ive done it before, but damn im so nervous about asking her

Last edited: May 28, 2005
  15. You will be. Courage isn't the absence of fear, it's acting in spite of it. So just do it anyway and take the consequence like a man, whether she says yes - or whether she says no.

16. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Kick ass hard hitting post from the Asylum's sweetheart! :) I think we have influenced each other stylistically.

17. The Mighty Megatron

The Mighty Megatron Secondborn of the best drummer known to man

My best advice, and I'm not a person to have problems asking a girl out and getting the answer I want (thank God I know how to sweet-talk girls once I find out what stereo-type they fit in!). I'm in the same category as you, dude. HS Sophomore. Okay, if she's shy, go up to her in a casual setting (like, in class, when you have free time to do it. It's the last few days of school, and the LAST day is almost always a "fuck off day" in at least one class.). Anyway, manuever yourself to be near her, look very BORED. Like you have nothing to do and no one to talk to that interests you. Make sure she's very limited on back-up (few friends gabbing to her). If she's talking to someone, hope and pray that their talking about something you can use to strike up a convo. Go about that, make her feel comfortable talking to you. Try to focus more on talking ot her than her pals, but don't exclude them from your attention. After the convo starts to die, throw out another topic. Find something that seems appropriate to talk about at the moment and shoot. By the end of the class, you'll have her feeling comfortable talking to you if all goes well. At that point, say something (be prepared to bull shit if you have to) like "Hey, you know what? You're the first person that's really talked about something that can hold my interest in a long time. I'd like to talk to you some more over the summer, give me something to keep me occupied, y'know? You mind if I get your (pick whatever she might go for, or name all three) E-mail/#/IM?". Game on. If she's alone, then just kinda act bored, then turn to her and start a casual convo. If you can't think of anything to talk about, audibly mutter "Damned weasles!" to where she can hear, you. Then, look up at her, and go "Oh....". From there, you'll have her attention, follow the steps above at this point, but you won't need to worry about including her pals.

Hope it helps you! Those tactics (or similar ones that i throw out there on the fly) have never failed me, and I pray that they give you the luck they have to me! Good luck, mein freund!

18. johan

johan Active Member

Damn rights.

19. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Shit...why didn't someone teach ME the weasle thing in HS? Damn weasles.

20. adam007

adam007 New Member

agreed.i regret more than anything the few times i could have got with chicks and didnt.thank god it didnt happen much.

21. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

How come it never helps to understand?

22. johan

johan Active Member

Life is a work in progress. Understanding is only part of it. You're much further on the path than someone lacking your level of understanding.

Next comes 'doing'.

23. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

And doing wrong, and understanding, and rinse and repeat. Wish I could get it right once, though. Look everybody: its a Peyompian pity-party.

24. Patriarch

Patriarch New Member

well FUCk im pissed so this is gonna be a little rant. I was so fucking ready to do it, so pumped up, ive been secondguessing it all weekend of course, but i had decided. Then 30 minutes before the fucking bell rings i say to my friend o fuck we have a bitch teacher, i have a really bad fucking feeling. Shes gonna keep us after a few minutes after the belll rings. And look what she does, she keeps the whole class after at least 3 minutes while a fucking group gives their presentation. 3 minutes doesnt seem like a long fucking time, but its easilly enough time for her to be way passed me and on her fucking way home, cause i was planning on doing it after school gets out, and her class is next to me. So of course i cant fucking find her. fuck the teacher. Ill be pissed for a while, gonna have to build up the energy again to do it tomrrow, wwont work nearly as well though. damnt

25. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

It will work or it won't. Its pre-determined. Don't worry. Just do it.