Looking for a second display

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by HuMpS 97 DoHc, Jan 11, 2005.

1. HuMpS 97 DoHc

HuMpS 97 DoHc NeonCanada 4 Life

Ok well I have a iBook G4. what i'm wanting to do is pick up a 17" monitor that i can hook up to my iBook when I"m at home. I have a 17" hp crt monitor but when its hooked up to my iBook it just doesn't look that good. I'm using the desktop spanning hack but going between the two monitors is hard on my eyes cause the hp just doesn't seem right. I played with the settings and everything and nothing seemed to help.

so what is reccomended to use as the second display??? i don't want to spend the huge money on a apple display... can I just get a lcd screen?? would that be pretty good?? is there a brand that works better with the apple computers?? what kind of things should I look for in a good lcd monitor???

thanks

2. Stngray

Stngray A Member OT Supporter

Take a look on ebay for a used apple cinema 17" lcd studio display. You will also need to get a dvi to adc adapter. I own one of the clear 20" cinema displays and the aluminum 30", and they are both awesome displays.
    Doug

3. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

Dude, the 17" studio display is what made me want to get the 20" I about shit myself when I saw how real everything looked.

As for saving money, I'm sure you can get some decent Dells at a good price. May not look as great as you Apple screen does, but you are comparing a company that makes the best displays in the business to everyone else.

4. HuMpS 97 DoHc

HuMpS 97 DoHc NeonCanada 4 Life

well since doing some more looking into it. I can't even use an apple display with my iBook. cause it comes with the mini video port and only adapters availible are one that does vga and then s-video. And there is a dvi to vga adapter but no vga to dvi adapter. So looks like i'll have to get a analog lcd display.