WEB Looking for a php/mySQL programmer for a small project

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by turbo's little bro, Apr 8, 2010.

1. turbo's little bro

turbo's little bro Active Member

I figured I'd give OT'ers a shot at this before anybody else. For those of you who don't know, I am opening a hostel in the Tahoe/Donner area right down the street from Sugarbowl, Donner Ski Ranch, and Soda Springs. I have made the website myself (which is kinda shitty), but I have run into a block as far as the reservations page goes.

Basically, I need some sort of page to be able to schedule and take-in reservations for rooms/beds. Ideally it will have a calendar, some method of determining the type of bed (we will have bunks and single beds), some way of querying current availability (SQL?), and forms for personal/financial info and comments. I'm thinking it would be best to do the entire page in php and the database in mySQL, but if you have any creative ideas, they would be appreciated.

If any of you are interested, please PM me or reply with what sort of a time/monetary budget you were thinking of. Also, if any of you find yourselves in my neck of the woods, give me a heads up and you can kick it here for the night.

2. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Not to kill a project if any fellow OTers had this, but there are actually hotel reservation scripts that do exactly what you need if you search for it. I'd suggest finding a developer who can suggest a script for him and have him modify it and integrate it into your website.

You sound like you're one of those clients that know just enough to be a huge pain in the ass. :) If you find a developer, I suggest you let him work, as he'll know what to do best as far as functionality and so on.

3. ge0

ge0 New Member

I LOVE little side projects to try out new concepts.. but I am way to busy.

4. turbo's little bro

turbo's little bro Active Member

You rock! :bowdown: This will likely put us way under our expected budget, so there should be room for a "finder's fee" for helping me out.

It is for this reason that I :love: OT.

5. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter