Looking for a new truck

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by popsnbeer, Mar 31, 2006.

1. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

And I was comparing the Frontier, Tacoma, Dakota, and Ranger! Both Edmunds and the Nissan website state that the Ranger has a Max towing capacity of 9500lbs. :wtf: I know that this cannot be true seeing as the Titan has towing of 9400lbs and the F150 can do 9900lbs. Why can't I get accurate information for these trucks. Every website gives me different specs for payload and other stuff too.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Ranger has the lowest payload of the group, I'm sure.

Besides, Frontier and Tacoma should be the only two you consider, anyway, in the mid-size segment.

Frontier has the more refined manual tranny, and a better engine. Toyota gets the resale value nudge along with the available long bed on the crew cab models, and the available limited slip differential on the TRD Sport models. Of course, the Frontier comes in as the cheaper of the two, as well.

3. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

Out of the trucks you mentioned, the best made truck would be the Tacoma, Froniter is probably the most HP, but I am starting to question Nissans quality(and I own two of them). The ranger is so dated looking its sad. I dont know much about the Datoka.

I would go Tacoma and dont look back

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Funny thing there, is that Toyota *usually* has the better build quality, but they have fallen dramatically with the Tacoma. Nissan, however, has risen and their best quality work is apparant in the Frontier.

Frontier, I would consider, more reliable than the Tacoma. I know they've had fewer issues with them, and from a quick drive you can tell the Nissan engine is *much* more refined. The Toyota has a horrible valve tick problem that they claim is okay, but I just don't think that sound can be good.