Looking For a New Laptop

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by RandomGuy187, Jun 17, 2004.

1. RandomGuy187

RandomGuy187 OT Supporter

I've been looking for a laptop wondering what brands were any good. Mainly I've been looking around at IBM thinkpads, toshiba and dell. I have also heard good things about powerbooks but I have always been a PC guy and am unsure about an apple. I think I am leaning toward the thinkpad but would like some input on IBM and some of the other brands.

2. phoenix0583

phoenix0583 New Member

I just got an HP pavilion zt3000 notebook a couple of weeks ago... works great. When I was pricing Dells and HP's at the time the HP was about $100 cheaper for the same specs. Can't say if thats true anymore, I haven't checked in a while...

Its pretty solid though :bigthumb:

3. lsxiong

lsxiong Guest

laptop? better not be for gaming or 8+ hour a day usage because they will eventually burn out the cpu. i had bad experience with my toshiba.

4. Rick

Rick New Member

Powerbook, but if you must have a PC I have heard great things about the ThinkPads.

5. Brian

Brian New Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    Not true, dont worry

infact i got a toshiba laptop and use it all the times for games and all day computing u cant play farcry or bf1942 on your laptop unless you go for the really expensive laptops like alienware or somin. but i play stradegy games all the time on it and you can play older fps like condition zero

do you mean you fryed your cpu?
    you probaly overclocked it 2 much. or you didnt read the manul , or dont have a brain and you covered the fans up or you may of just got a unlucky cpu chip

never get a ibm to much money for what you get, get a dell if you want a real good laptop for the money
    hp compaq, and toshiba (like mine) are good for budget computers
    if you just want this laptopfor wordprocessing, downloading of p2p, and browsing the net anything about 1ghz would be good.

what is the laptop use for busniess, gaming, just avg home use, road warrior?

just my 54.5 cents