Looking for a new car...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by DrK_Mrk_iV, Jun 26, 2008.

1. DrK_Mrk_iV

DrK_Mrk_iV OT Supporter

My commute is about to double to about 15 miles. I'm currently rolling around in a 4runner. I'm ready to sell it because it's paid off and it's terribly boring to drive. I'm looking for something rwd, 4 cylinders... And that's about all the criteria I'm looking for.

I've done the the DSM thing, I've done the honda thing, I've done the domestic thing... I'm ready for something else. The only car that comes to mind for me is a Miata. My budget is going to be 6k or less. What are you thoughts on Miatas?

2. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Miata or 240sx is the only 4 cylinder rwd that comes to mind for that price range

3. nwmrkt

nwmrkt New Member

mmm 240sx

4. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

yeah, go with a 240. I plan on getting one sometime in the future and do an SR20DET conversion.

5. red97gst

red97gst New Member

240 is going to need some work to make it as fun as even a stock miata. But it will ride better with the longer wheelbase.

With 6k in hand, I'd probably go miata. Although you might be able to find a swapped S13 for 6k, you'll need another 2k on the side for when shit goes wrong. In all honesty, I've never driven an S13, but it seems like it would be a lot of fun and you would never have to endure "oh, your car is cute!" the way you would in the mx-5

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008