MIL Looking for a little help with my cousin in Iraq (Simple question).

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by x6ftundx, Aug 13, 2005.

1. x6ftundx

x6ftundx New Member

So I just got finished talking to my cousin in Iraq. He is doing ok but he seemed to have lost about 15 pounds and is having an issue working out. He can't run at the FOB because haji keeps shooting rockets and mortars. He can't workout at the gym because haji blew it up. What supplements or other items would you recommend I send over to him to build is weight and strength back?

I hope this is ok to post in the forum. I saw a couple of posts from people over there and am looking for a little help for him.

-Danny

2. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

I would say just stick with protein powder. You don't want anything that woul dehyrdate him further if wasn't intaking enough water constantly with the heat over there. He just needs to eat as much as he can when he can.

3. Eng

Eng New Member

Just tell him to eat as many MRE's as he can with plenty of water. He should gain that 15 lbs back fast.

4. Basal

Basal OT Supporter

Make field expedient workout apparatus. Be creative. Some of the guys in my unit got a steel bar, attached a box of MREs on each end, and used it to bench. He can even take an MRE box (they weigh like 10 lbs. each) and do a bunch of bicep workouts.

For weight loss, he can't do anything about it. EVERYone loses weight over there. For strength, I guess you can send him regular vitamin supplements. I don't know exactly what he needs. Hope this helps a little bit.

5. evan2

evan2 Guest

nothing wrong with push ups sit ups etc..

6. x6ftundx

x6ftundx New Member

thanks for the info. Looks like I am going to GNC and sending him another care package...