GUN Looking for a gun case

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by puppeteer107, Sep 19, 2006.

1. puppeteer107

puppeteer107 Be mine, sister salvation

I recently came into some mony and I'm going to be buying myself an Ar-15 that I've been pining over as soon as the next gun show comes around. I live in an apartment with some roommates so I want a case to story my gun and lock it up so no one can mess with it while I'm not around. Pelican is really expensive, are they really worth the prices they go for?

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yes.

3. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

pelican's are cheap online:

http://www.casesbypelican.com/pelican_1700.htm

$150 and you could probably have enough room for the AR and a few hand guns in there. That's the solid foam, if you want the pick and pluck so that you can have your shit molded into the foam add about $40

4. puppeteer107

puppeteer107 Be mine, sister salvation

/thread :o

I didn't see the lower end models at the site I was looking at so all I saw were m-16 models for 300+. Then I found other nice ones for 150ish so I'm going with one of them.

5. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Remember when you get cases with open cell foam they hold moisture in the foam and the foam holds it right next to the gun. If you're going to use one for storage be sure to keep your gun oiled. A cable lock would be sufficient to disable the action really.

6. mvizos

mvizos New Member

fuckin :werd:

Love my pelican cases, the 1720 for 2 of my long guns, and a small case (1520) for some of my pistols...glock mags aren't in there anymore, more pistols needed the space. Makes for packing up for a range trip a lot easier:

[​IMG]

7. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Couldn't you put the packets of silica(sp?) gel into there to fix it?

8. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

Why lock the guns individually, just lock the case?

9. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

It helps but I still would be sure to keep the gun well oiled.

I'm all for buying toys, and pelican cases are dead sexy. If you're low on funds and have 1 gun though as I took to be implied theres no reason to spend $150 on a case that a free cable lock could do as good of a job at. If you want to, they're cool for sure. I bought a pelican case just to put ar15 mag's in. Plus you're not putting that open cell foam up against the gun 24/7 if you put a cable lock on it and put it in your closet.

10. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

if youre open to a soft case, my vote goes to an XT case by Galati....i bought one for my VEPR ak47 and its as close to a hard case as a soft case can get...totally rock solid and well made with heavy duty YKK zippers.http://www.galatiintl.com

for 64.95 i think its a damn good price and im gonna be buying a 2nd one for the M4gery i just finished building
    i also read in a recent gun rag (cant recall which publication) that alot of troops are buying these galati xt cases for storing their issue rifles overseas.