Looking for a good Tire dressing

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by NorthPac, Apr 20, 2005.

1. NorthPac

NorthPac New Member

I'm looking for a good tire dressing that don't look to artificial, lasts a long time, doesn't get dirty or show dirt that good, nice & black & not to shinny, doesn't look thick on tires.

Also what would you say which tire dressing holds up better on a dusty road the best that cleans good without oil or any dressing residue on a wash mitt?

2. KMAzz

KMAzz OT Supporter

Try out hyper Dressing. Do not use the wash mits you use on the cars paint on the tires and whatnot.

3. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Ive been a long time fan of Eagle One Wet Tire Shine. Its not to glossy, it lasts long, and most importantly, when it drie up, it doesnt turn your tires brown from the sulfides in it.

And like KMAzz said, you should NEVER use your wash mit to wash your tires and wheels. Get a dedicated tire and wheel brush (you can get them for $4 or less at a local department store like Wal-Mart, Target, etc.) and use a dedicated tire and wheel cleaner, like Eagle One A2Z. You will be much happier withthe results.

Seconedly, unless its a microfiber wash mit, throw it away and get a sponge. Those synthetic wool wash mits are garbage. They soak up the dirt, and knat them into the wool fibers, and eventually it gets enough dirt pounded into it, that it will start to scratch your paint. Leaving horendous swirl marks. So ditch that, and move to a sponge. Sponges can be had for less then a $1, they release the dirt in the bucket with a good couple squeezes, and unlike a wool mit, they let you know when they are ready to be replaced (i.e. they fall apart).

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Regular old Armor All is a good choice. It was reformulated into a water based dressing a while back and has a more natural sheen. In addition, it has decent durability and is cheap ($9.99 a half gallon at Pep Boys). I always apply tire dressings with the Eagle One Tire Swipes. You get more even coverage when using them.

I use the chenille covered foam pads. Meguiars has some new ones out that are inbelievably soft!

5. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

I know its been reformulated...but i still cant pring myself to use it.
    Plus, even their new formula turns tires brown for me. :dunno: So i gave it away.

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I switched from Meguiars #40 to Armor All about 3-4 years ago and since AA has the same satiny sheen and is a bit cheaper, I've stayed with it. I haven't noticed it turning my tires or any of my customer's tires brown and I do have customers who've had the same tires on their cars since I started using AA again.

7. NorthPac

NorthPac New Member

Hey Thanks for the infor

Yea I try to watch out for contamination when I wash. It’s the customers then they wash there own cars, I can only suggest how to do it right.

8. black 3g

black 3g Guest

I have permantly switched to Shining Monkey No Spitting Tire Shine Spray. This product has gotten a lot of hype lately and I can honestly say that it lives up to it. You can spray it on and drive off. I haven't seen any sling at all in the 6 months I've been using it. It gives the tire a brand new look, being not too shiny and not quite a matte finish either.