A&P Looking for a good flash, with the intention of taking pictures while walking around.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Squinch, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Squinch

Squinch New Member

As the subject says, I'm looking for some advice regarding flashes. I've been reading this forum for a while although I just recently got a dslr (rebel xt w/ kit lens, and 50mm/f1.8). I don't want to spend tons of money incase I don't keep up with this hobby, and I'm really much more focused with landscapes, cars, and wildlife. I hoping there's some advice on what sort of lighting I can use without having to spend tons of money, or cary tons of weight. In other words, I realize this is ot, everyone it going to call me poor, I'm a beginner wondering about whether a flash is something i should be buying at this point. (Excuse teh grammar, I'm on leave, I'm fucking plastered).....Thanks.

CLIFFS: Not too much money to spend for a 'walking around flash' ($300-400) at absolute most, absolute amateur, just wondering about some recommendations.

2. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

430ex should be fine :dunno: ($200) i have one and love it, but for the price range you have you can get the 580

3. Squinch

Squinch New Member

good to know.....it seemed like the 430ex/exII were pretty decent deals, but I hadn't really spent that much energry researching the different models until I realized how much of difference different lenses and other items made.....

edit: My main point being that most of the threads here regarding lighting are portrait based as opposed to more 'general use' based. I guess I'm just hoping for some info I couldn't find through search

4. HighTachPres

HighTachPres New Member