Looking For A Euro (I know this has been beaten to death)

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by spiffy_badrock, Sep 4, 2005.

1. spiffy_badrock

spiffy_badrock I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.

Budget: 10 to 12K
    Musts: Automatic Transmission, quicker than 9 seconds to 60, less than 100K on odo (maybe), nothing 7-series sized (maybe) (thinking about fuel costs somewhat), Nothing over 10 years old.

Im pretty much looking for a comfortable daily driver. Im limited to an automatic, seeing as the other half will drive it frequently also...(its actually for them, but I do a lot of the driving in the house) . Id like to have a euro, it may prove unattainable, if so....oh well. We're currently using a 95 Dodge Avenger, and its lack of useable power anywhere is a problem. I dont need a screamer, just something with decent low end, seeing as it will be used for 99% city driving. Car will not be modified.

What Ive Considered: BMW 325i, 328i ... Mercedes C280 ... Audi A4 2.8 .... VW Jetta 1.8T ... Post 94 Jag XJ6 ... Volvo 850T Sedan ... ????

With the exception of the Jetta and the Volvo....its hard pinning down facts on these other cars. Any personal impressions? I really dont want to go Japanese...or *shudder* domestic.

2. Dr. Woo

Dr. Woo Guns don't kill people

Consumer Reports recommended the B5 generation of Audi A4 for its reliability. Passats are a dime a dozen, so you'll probably be able to pick one of those up for real cheap.