A&P Looking for a Camera... $400

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by macadamiaman, Nov 7, 2005.

1. macadamiaman

macadamiaman New Member

I have a $400 budget and if it's not SD, the budget must include a 1gb card, too... (I already have an SD card)

Camera must run off of AAs, must be very fast (shutter, zoom, continuous pictures, response, etc..) and take good macro pictures. Night exposure (noise issues), daytime, manual settings, big screen too... I'm thinking the Sony DSC-W5 + 1gb Sandisk Memorystick Pro @ 15mbps = $340 from newegg.

But I can afford about $60 more. And I'm wondering if someone has any better suggestions that I haven't really come across? I've owned the DSC-W5 in the past and like it very much, but that was last May. Anything better out since then? I haven't really looked at the market very much since then. Willing to sacrafice some things like AAs, but not macro or speed. The W5 has a compromised macro (6cm) ability as it is...

Of course I can always go a little more than $400 if something is REALLY nice looking at that price point, but as much as I wish I could, something like a Nikon D70 simply can't be had :(

2. JonDaAzn

JonDaAzn New Member

maybe look at used gear off of ebay or something

3. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

I used to be a fan of AA cameras but since having my DSC-P100 and its Li-ion battery, it lasts longer and recycles flash times faster. My cousin has the W5 and its a very nice camera. I'd go with the P200 though.