Looking for a big screen (30-40") that would be good for video games

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Tweekend, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Tweekend

Tweekend New Member

I'd like to invest in a nice tv for movies and stuff, but what I'm more interested is in games. I heard some tvs like plasma cause burn ins real quick from icons on games that don't move. I currently just have a 27" JVC tube screen I guess lol nothing fancy.. So, I'd like to keep it around $2-2.5k no smaller than 32 or bigger than 42. Thanks for any help. Also,I would like to note that I'd like to buy the tv online at a discounted price, but any tv's mentioned would help and I could run down to best buy or something and check out the models first, so you know what I mean lol

2. threeclaws

threeclaws R.I.P.

Is space a problem? You can get some very nice tube TV's that will produce the best picture available but they will be big and heavy, not a problem in my eyes but if you need space those obviously aren't an option.

For those TVs I would look at Toshiba/Samsung personally.

3. Jazz

Jazz Powerhouse of the Scrum

Samsung 43" DLP

can be had for ~$2.5k, absolutely no burn in worries, and XBox in 720p is orgasmic :o

4. Tweekend

Tweekend New Member

Nah, space isn't a problem. I'm a big guy so I could move the big ones around okay. I just thought the tube screens were old technology and wouldn't have the greatest picture or something? I just need to go shop around really..I'll check out the Samsung mentioned too, thanks for the help so far

5. threeclaws

threeclaws R.I.P.

A tube TV does and will for the forseeable future give the best possible picture quality, with a CRT based RPTV being second, then DLP/LCD and finally Plasma. (that is without getting into front projection systems.)

Of course CRT based televisions are >* that is fact, the last parts about DLP/LCD/Plasma are my opinion.

6. nadroj

nadroj OT Supporter

if space isn't a problem, why not get a 100 inch screen and then hang a projector. well within you 2.5k limit

7. nadroj

nadroj OT Supporter

also, sony has a 46 inch (i think) tube for around 1600 or so

8. Tweekend

Tweekend New Member

haha that would be cool, but I don't think I'd need something that big..space wouldn't be a problem with a regular size tv, but 100 inches is pretty huge