Looking for a 4 channel amp, opinions on JBL, Phoenix Gold and KW Excelon?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by StealthMode, Aug 17, 2004.

1. StealthMode

StealthMode Active Member

I'm not a huge car Audio buff, so I don't know all the good brand from the not so good brands. Anyway, I'm looking for about 75watts RMS or more..

I'm going to be running an Alpine CDA-9833 head unit, and for speakers I was thinking of Infinity Kappa 6.5 up front, stock rears (for now) and a JL 10in w7 with probably the JL 500/1 sub amp.

That part is figured out, but now I need an amp to power my door and rear speakers, I don't want to be drowned out in bass only. I don't have a huge budget, but the sub and sub amp are coming later, so right now my focus is on my mains. The sub an amp can be put off a little longer if need be.

Any recomendations on a 4 channel amp, and maybe even some different speakers for the doors?

Also, I did a search on here and US Acoustics seemed to be recomended alot, but like I said, I don't know the really good brands from the band brands. :o

Thanks for the help!

2. StealthMode

StealthMode Active Member

Alright, I think I made up my mind..
    Phoenix Gold Octane R 8.0:4 Four Channel Amplifier, $204 on eBay shipped.
    or
    JBL GTO 75.4 520W 4 CHANNELS, $181.89 at eBay shipped.

Any ideas?

Oh, for the front doors I am ordering the Phoenix Gold Octane-R 6.5 coax 2-Way, $89 at CarDomai, free shipping.