A&P Looking for a 3-4MP rugged, dirt and water resistant digital camera.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Loopy, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Loopy

Loopy What do you think happens when you get too far fro

I need a camera that will hold up to the outdoors. Something I can cram into my pack and compress down tight, something I can toss in my pants pocket and scrape up against rocks or wade through streams, and something that I can put my dirty backcountry hands all over and rinse off easily.

All I have been able to find that might fit the bill is the Pentax OptioWR series and the Sony DSC-U series. The Pentax line seems to have a reputation for taking fuzzy images, and the Sonys are all 2MP. I also found the Konica DG-3Z, which looks like the best of the bunch, but it is not available in the US.

Does anyone know of a camera that may meet these requirements?

2. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

3. SL1200MK4

SL1200MK4 New Member

OptioWR is the way to go. The only problem with that camera is that it's a bit touch to hold... because has no molded grip, but same is true for most small sized packet came anyways.

Another advantage/disadvantage is that it uses AA battery, personally I think that's a pro. Easy to find power source. The new OptioWR43 looks real good and I am thinking about getting it as my party cam.

4. mojito

mojito New Member

Olympus Stylus 300 or 400 or 410.
    Weather resistant, can have 1 liter of water dumped on it per minute, good quality lens, small metal body, lithium ion battery etc. They're some of the best selling series, besides the Canon A series and up there with the coolpix overall, so accessories are easy to find. XD emory is a bit more expensive, but it writes and eads faster than the other memories.