SRS Looking for 1-year wedding ann. gift ideas

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by IdahoSHO, Jul 17, 2006.

1. IdahoSHO

IdahoSHO New Member

Ive always had trouble picking out gifts for ANY occasion.
    Now Ive got a big occasion to pick one out for. :eek3d:

Ive been with my wife for over 8 years now, and next month we will be celebrating our 1-year wedding anniversary.

Any ideas?:noes:

Id like something pretty unique and off the wall. She isnt your everyday female. She isnt big on jewelry, but she does love the outdoors, and we are both very athletic.

I hate gifting:ugh:

2. teo

teo . => ? => !

Why not plan an experience for her instead of giving her a lavish gift? ie. Plan something like a weekend camping at a little-known, secluded place. It'll give you a chance to spend some 1:1 time with her, and it's not some gift that'll end up in a drawer in a couple of months. If you want to get her something, maybe gift her some personal equipment that is needed for the trip, or maybe get her a small but meaningful token to remember the time you spent.

3. bigballofyarn

bigballofyarn OT Supporter

You can get a pearl necklace with one pearl for every year you've been together. May sound corny, but women like it. (I'm female) If my SO got me something like that I'd think it's very cute and sweet. She could keep it as a 'special occasion' piece.

If she HATES jewelry that much, maybe a cruise....

Hmm loves the outdoors? You could COOK for her.... and throw her a picnic.. She might like that.

You could buy her dinner at some place from the past... IE if you met at a restaurant, or a memorable eatery in a town that you met in. It might be fun.