A&P Looking at a few cameras....

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Dorn, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Dorn

Dorn New Member

The cameras I'm looking at are the Canon A610, A620, and the SD550.

Basically, I want a small(er) camera that has options for me. The big thing that I'm looking for is something that has a good variety of automatic settings, along with the ability to choose my own manual settings. I want the freedom to be able to just shoot a quick picture somewhere, but also be able to tailor the camera to get a certain type of picture that I want.

I really like the stitch effect for panoramics of the A620, not sure if the others have this capability.

I was playing around with the Panasonic DMC-FZ7K at work last night and really, really liked the rapid picture effect on it. Does the A610, A620, or SD550 carry something as good or better than this? Or even similar. And the macros were very easy to do, how easy are they to accomplish with the three cameras I'm looking at?

Maybe there's some cameras out there that I haven't looked at, so suggest those as well. But I would like to know about the three I posted. Are they fitting what I want?

2. 00soul

00soul halfsharkalligatorhalfman

budget?

3. Dorn

Dorn New Member

I'm looking to stick around the $399 range.

4. Dorn

Dorn New Member

Realistically, I'd say the majority of my shooting is going to be just point and click at social events. However, I do want the flexibility for when I go to say a sporting event or to the beach or something to shoot something with an effect to it.

5. 00soul

00soul halfsharkalligatorhalfman

6. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

of those three, i'd get the SD550