lookin to buy a camera

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by CoOkieS, May 14, 2005.

1. CoOkieS

CoOkieS New Member

:wiggle: show me the way. i want a small thin camera with an lcd display. any help:)

2. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

I got the SD300 from newegg for $308. 4mp w/ 3x zoom. Good camera, its tiny, light, and has pretty good battery life from what i've seen. I like it. I think its even cheaper now :eek3d:

3. Madness

Madness Do not let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is no

The Canon SD series fits your description perfectly and they have several models varying on price, resolution and features. As kungfuwoo said, the sd300 model is great all around and can be had for $280-$350 depending on sales etc. (hint: check slickdeals.net for dell coupons).

4. CoOkieS

CoOkieS New Member

does it work on like duo memory sticks? i was also looking at the sony cybershot

5. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

SD 300 uses....SD cards. I prefer this b/c many different products from pdas to cameras to phones etc. use SD cards, whereas memory sticks are proprietary to sony. Unless you have a bunch of memory sticks laying around, stay away...

6. CoOkieS

CoOkieS New Member

i have a few. and my previous camera was a sony that used memory stick pros

7. allen2oo3

allen2oo3 New Member

i assume the sony you are looking at is the t1 (t3, t7). jsut incase you didnt know it takes the sony memory stick duo stick not the regular memory stick. chances are the ones you have are the older larger sticks and not the duo.

8. PancakeLizard

PancakeLizard New Member

I recommend something from the Nikon Coolpix series. Nice clear pics, and the macros (even on the cheaper models) are amazing.

9. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

Meh.

I have a Canon A70 that takes great pics. My brother initially bought the Canon A80 a couple of months ago. He took it back after he found a great deal online for a Coolpix 5400 or 4500 (not certain on the model number, but it's either 4 or 5 megapixel). Anyhow, he was telling me last week what a great macro mode it supposedly had, but he and I both took macro mode shots with our cameras today of the same bright green frog that was hiding out in an aloe vera plant. His Nikon shot came out dark, blurry and grainy. Meanwhile, my A70 (3 megapixel) macro shot of the same frog was amazing. None of his multiple shots was even worth zooming in on, but when you zoomed in on my shoot (when viewing on the camera's display), you could see incredible detail and beautiful color.

I've always heard good things about Nikons as well, but I wasn't impressed with any of the shots he took with his today. Perhaps he's screwed up the shutter speed or something. :dunno:

10. CoOkieS

CoOkieS New Member

yeah thats the one im looking at and i use pros on the camera i have now but hopefully i can interchange my psps duo and the t1s duo? so i can take pictures and then view them on my psp