Lookie what I got! :blue:

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TenSteel, Nov 13, 2002.

1. TenSteel

TenSteel Ted Cruz suicide hotline OT Supporter

Here starts my DIY project: An MTM design with Focal 5W4252 midwoofers and Raven R2.0 ribbon tweeters. I'll post pics once I get the Ravens in the next couple weeks.

:blue:

FOCAL UTOPIA>*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 04

04 Guest

Paragon: who's design are you using? Looks pretty bad ass to mee.

3. TenSteel

Re: Re: Lookie what I got! :blue:

It's basically a Zalytron design, but slightly modified ... in this case substituting the Raven R2 instead of the R1. I've spoken with Alan, the Focal tech, extensively about this setup and he says it's easily one of the best systems he has to offer. According to him, the performance difference between using the R2 and R1 is striking-- a much higher degree of clarity and finesse.

My cabinet plans-- 10" W x 21" H x 8.25" D, all sides 1.5" thick HDF (I want a completely dead cabinet. This should do the trick.) For the sake of easy contruction, the port will be a front firing slot port, 1" high x 7" wide, 6" deep (this yields the correct frequency of 58hz.) To minimize edge diffraction, I'll be mounting the drivers off center, towards the inside edge, much like the Eros design. The Raven will be aligned to the center of the woofers. The crossovers will be all Axon parts, but I'm debating whehter or not to spring for some TRT Infinicaps (they're pretty expenisive, so we'll see). I'll also use Black Hole 5 damping material on the inside. I'll finish them with a rich, reddish brown to match my furniture.

4. TenSteel

These are the only pics I could find. Mine will be quite different than these (bigger tweeter, slot port, wood finish, etc. etc.), but you get the idea. :big grin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. thegeneral

thegeneral Guest

6. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

Nice work paragon. I need to get into Home Audio I like building enclosures and DIY projects :bigthumb:

7. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

alright bish record that shit I wanna hear an mp3 :)