TAT Look what I made!

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by footratfunkface, May 15, 2006.

1. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

It's a few hours old, and it's a crappy picture due to lighting and my trying to take it of myself, by myself, in a mirror. I'll get a better one in a week or two, once it's healed.

[​IMG]

2. Flac0

Flac0 Custom User Title

Very nice. :bigthumb:

3. vitamin dew

vitamin dew New Member

Very clean, goodjob.

4. footratfunkface

I drew it up based on an idea. The artist made it bigger, added the right font to the text, redrew the flag, and added the numbers in a font I found on my computer. It came out pretty well. I've got big plans for this arm. At least a half sleeve, maybe with a half chest piece. I might stick with the patriotic theme. If/when I get on with a fire service (I'm an EMT with a county EMS service), I'll wait a bit, then add some fire-related stuff.

If you don't recognize the quote across the bottom three sides of the pentagon, it's from Julius Caesar, the Shakespear play. It's an exclamation of sadness and a cry for vengeance upon the learning of Caesar's death. The same reaction I've got toward Islamic terrorism.

5. chakup

chakup Guest

that's just awesome.

6. footratfunkface

Every now and then, we all need a little reminder of what this country is all about, and the sacrifices of fathers and sons, brothers and sisters, men and women, who gave their lives that we may further enjoy ours.

This is my reminder.

I remember very vividly, sitting in my high school calculus class, watching one tower smoking, and watching the second plane hit on live TV. Then seeing the gaping hole in the Pentagon. It all hit me, right then an there: we're at war. I will never forget that feeling of incredible sadness, incredible rage. Just plain disbelief. I told myself that if we were still at war with whomever did this when I graduated, I'd join up and fight. I didn't, and I feel guilty that others have fought in my stead. Fought and died for me, just the way those heroes fought through the smoke and dust and falling debris, and died for those people in New York that day.

This is my reminder.

7. footratfunkface

I'm fitting uniforms with DeKalb County Fire Rescue this Thursday. Fire/EMS is my calling now. My ultimate goal is to get into tactical EMS down the road. Get a fire service to pay for my paramedic school, do that for a while, then try to become POST certified, and be a shooter/medic on a SWAT team.

I do think about it from time to time, going 91W for the 48th Brigade, which is a National Guard unit right near where I live. As I said, my true calling is Fire/EMS, and until I have fulfilled that calling to the extent with which I am satisfied, I don't think I'm going to move on to the next calling.

This tattoo is in support of, and a personal reminder to myself of, what we need to do as a nation, and why we need to do it.

8. deevee8

deevee8 d e v i a t e

nice tat...but the stars are crooked..

9. footratfunkface

Yeah, one of the stars is a little off. The other two are actually pretty symmetrical, but with the curvature of my arm and the stretching of the skin while I'm taking that picture, it looks a little funny. It's not enough to bother me.

10. MedicBoy

MedicBoy Guest

great googly moogly

11. Dan-blackline

Dan-blackline Registered Sex Offender

Thanks for that incredibly insightful post that was definately worth the 1 year bump.

:ugh2:

12. audrey

audrey New Member

13. footratfunkface

Yeah. Wow. So, I need retouch. The black ink has fallen out in a few places.