Look what I just bought!! (laptop w/ i7, gtx 260m zomg)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by xinster, Nov 19, 2009.

1. xinster

xinster New Member

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220605

I don't know much about hardware, so I shop for computers by going on newegg.com and selecting laptops---> top sellers, and going from there.

I list by reviews, and then read every single one, and if they are good, I google the individual specs like processor, model, gfx card, and usually end up on some forum or something. Like, I found a forum with an awesome thread that just listed all the graphics cards by quality, and recently updated too! (We should have one of those as a sticky).

I googled the I7 and found out that it's the best around, so that's pretty awesome state of the art stuff. My last laptop was a Turion with a geforce go 7600.

The downsides of this computer I thought was that they loaded as much HDD as they could to justify jacking up the price. They also included 4gigs of ddr3 ram, way more than I'll ever need. Now I guess i'm just going to give my old sticks of ddr2 ram away (not worth it to ebay it, right?)

What do you guys think, did I get a good deal?

2. MSTRBKR

MSTRBKR New Member

1.6ghz i7, what the?

Not sure what to make of it really. How fast are those 1.6 i7s?

3. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

fast. Those fuckers have a huge boost increase. W/ single threaded apps up to 2.8GHz.