A&P Look out, Noob with a DSLR. C&C welcome.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by OneTwo, Feb 26, 2008.

1. OneTwo

OneTwo me>you OT Supporter

Been having this camera for about ~2 weeks. Trying to learn as much as I can. These are just a couple ive taken yesterday. Tell me whats wrong or how i could improve them. Some PP on them.

350D, EF 50mm f/1.8

I was far away on this one, so the picture is cropped pretty heavily.
    [​IMG]

I couldnt get the sky not to be blown out on this one. I opened up the aperture and snapped it a few times, but the sky was always over exposed with car in detail, or vice versa. Any way i can get both without taking multiple shots at different f stops and combining to HDR? This is at f/1.8 i beleive, and its the only one that looks decent out of the shots of it.
    [​IMG]

This one is over exposed, but i think it actually makes it look better. Again, I was not too close, so its cropped a bit.
    [​IMG]

I think I need a zoom lens now, because I can never get close to my subjects now that i read over my post. More money out of the wallet... :wtc:

2. Meat Popsicle

Meat Popsicle What's that smell? OT Supporter

It doesn't.

3. Girth

Girth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OT Supporter

I liked the second one... see if you can change the contrast of the taillight and bring out some colors in it. And next time... use zoom so your reflection is not in the bumper. :big grin:

4. Spurious

Spurious New Member

/me chokes you hard for using selective color.

The front tire on the first one is fluorescent blue.

For exposing the car and the sky you can get strobist setup and flash the car to match the sky.

I hope you enjoy your new heroin addiction. :wavey: