A&P Look at my pretty new pics *critique?*

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Ingen, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Ingen

Ingen New Member

Hey, i decided to try something new last night. so, I inverted the center colum of my tripod (I just put it in from the bottom, nothing fancy) stretched one leg out, and did macro stuff with some closeup filters and my crappy flash. Hope you like them :) the ones that aren't multiple colors (read: all but cell phone) were converted to BW and enhanced with PS levels stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OK, and for this one, I masking taped over teh front of my old flash and colored it with blue highlighter. High-tech, I know :wiggle:

[​IMG]

OK, the next two are from the other day that I never posted but everyone on the other forum I post on (they are not photographers) seems to like. Hope ya <3 these too, but they're definitely not upside down macro.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Critiques / advice welcome.

2. Chromatic

Chromatic New Member

question and don't laugh... i'm a newbie :(

did you modify any of those in any way(ala photoshop) or was it just settings on your camera? because they look great.

3. Ingen

Ingen New Member

#1 is an onion lol. I knew the vag thing would come up.

#2, I know about the hair situation :(. I had to boost the brightness a lot in PS because the flash didn't do a very good job, though I'll probably try it again. The caliper is something like 40 years old anyway, so it deserves to be dusty.

#4: it was supposed to be the tire blending in with everything else, the way nobody even seems to care about the pollution anymore. :hsdance:

4. Chromatic

Chromatic New Member

i need to readdddddddd. haha

5. Ingen

Ingen New Member

Bah! the tire = uncropped. Thankfully, since the place is riiight out in my backyard, I can just reposition the tire and reshoot accordingly. I should have got it right the first time, but I'll just get it right again :p

I'll try that with the caliper too, I was gonna shoot some other stuff halfway soon and try the phone again. Onion = teh suck, I presume? It didn't do what I wanted it to originally.

Oh, and I got some yellow plastic that'll work with my flash too, and found a green highlighter. Fun stuff in the future.

6. Ingen

Ingen New Member

on any of the monochrome ones (except the cellphone, which I'll address later) I desaturated it (ctrl+shift+u in photoshop) then used levels (ctrl+l) to adjust the seperate colors and the overall lightness/darkness/contrastish balance of the photos. When that's done, I just resize, sharpen, and put here.

The color of the phone was done 100% in camera, but I had to use tape to hold it there for the pose, which I cloned out. All of those first 3 were rotated 180* b/c the reversed column on my tripod left my camera upside down :rofl:

7. Ingen

Ingen New Member

no more <3? :sadwavey:

8. Ingen

Ingen New Member

I'll have to take more pictures then :coold: