GUN look at my bullet test of sorts

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TexasRoadster, Feb 25, 2005.

1. we used a 5 layer thick bullet proof glass pane and shot it with FMJ and then RBCD (grenade ammo) I love that stuff, am no way affiliated with, just think its awesome for my .40 and .32 as personal carry load.
    ammo test and photos here
    TR

comments? ever shot this ammo?

2. mrbill

mrbill New Member

interesting. never heard of this ammo before, what does RBCD stand for? any idea what it will/would to do a would be intruder? performance on glass is one thing, performance in flesh is another.

3. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

So basically it's a small grain frangible bullet instead of standard to achieve high velocity.
    [font=Times New Roman, Times]40 S&W[/font] [font=Times New Roman, Times]77 gr.[/font] [font=Times New Roman, Times]TFSP[/font] [font=Times New Roman, Times]2100 fps / 754 flbs[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman, Times]45 ACP[/font] [font=Times New Roman, Times]90 gr.[/font] [font=Times New Roman, Times]TFSP[/font] [font=Times New Roman, Times]2036 fps / 828 flbs[/font] [font=Times New Roman, Times]
    9mm
    [/font] [font=Times New Roman, Times]60 gr.[/font] [font=Times New Roman, Times]TFSP[/font] [font=Times New Roman, Times]2010 fps / 539 flbs

I will wait for actual independant testing before considering using any as carry ammo. There are too many new gimic ammo companies out there boasting their stuff is the end all bullet but when independantly tested, the numbers don't match the makers. Last thing you would want is to have a magazine full of stuff that doesn't stop your target.
    [/font]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  4. oakie

oakie my ninja.

you didnt bother to verify the bullet muzzle velocities?

your test is a bit incomplete.

5. DamnedDirtyApe

DamnedDirtyApe New Member

Read this: http://www.firearmstactical.com/briefs5.htm

It's a little weighty, and a little dated, but it's also a very good discussion of frangible ammo.

Like much of life, there's two distinct sides to the self-defense ammo debate - expansion vs penetration. The knock on frangible stuff is that it doesn't penetrate very well.

FWIW, the last time I priced this RBCD stuff it was two bucks a round.