A&P Longer life battery for a Canon G1?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by KW802, Oct 14, 2003.

1. KW802

KW802 New Member

A few weekends ago I took my G1 to the closing cermonies at Veterans Stadium in Philly and learned a few things:
    • I went through two fully charged batteries in about 5 hours;
    • I really need a zoom lens.
    Not much I can do about the zoom lens for now due to budget reasons (unless somebody out there has some old G1 toys they went to sell :x: ) but I figure of the two the battery issue comes first. Is there any solutions out there for for a longer life battery for the G1 or is the only solution to start carrying more charged units around with me?

Thoughts?

2. Valduur

Valduur Guest

Hmm...
    you might want to try turning off the LCD when not using it... also, I'm not sure if the G1 has the continuous shooting mode, but if it does, you might want to put it in single shot mode. In continuous shooting, it's constantly refocusing itself wherever you point it, so that can eat up batteries.
    Also make sure the LCD's brightest is turned down... and if you know you're not going to be snapping any shots for a little bit, might as well just turn it off.. but then you have to let it "bootup" before you can take anymore.

3. KW802

KW802 New Member

I ended up turning off the LCD screen near the end to squeeze out as much as I could from the batteries. With the sun that day it was actually easier to work with the view finder than the LCD.

The G1 does have a continuous option but I normally keep it single shot mode because I tend to do more still shots than actions.

I hadn't thought about the LCD brightness before. Doh! That's a good idea, I'll have to see what other beeps & whistles I can turn off.

Thanks for the ideas.