TAT Long Term tongue piercing Qn?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ronin11, Aug 15, 2004.

1. ronin11

ronin11 New Member

to all those that have had their tongue done long term...

ive bene reading a bit right.. as to long term effects, and have read countless stories of people chipping their teeth ETC whith their tongue stud in their sleep and was wondering if it has happened to any of you? or any of you have nightmare stories after having them in long term?

would be be an indea that after i has healed to actually use a retainer or something to sleep with so it lessens your chance of damaging teeth?

2. -Shaggs-

-Shaggs- Member

I've had mine for almost 6 years now and have never chipped a tooth. There have been times when I have bitten down on it accidently but it didn't chip my tooth. They do make plastic tongue rings. I tried one once but bent the hell out of it from playing with it. I did keep the plastic beads that were on it though. I just put the plastic beads on the metal pole and have had it that way ever since. Now if I bite down accidently it doesn't hurt cause I'm just biteing plastic. Hope that helps.

3. blkhonda1991

blkhonda1991 "Zoinks!!"

ive cracked a tooth bitting down on it, and months later half the tooth broke off, my parents are gonna kill me when they get the bill from the dentist for fixing it so i dread getting it fixed :( but that was teh long piercing bar...since i got a shorter bar i havent bitten down on it

4. Nefarious1

Nefarious1 Guest

Dental arcylic ends are the way to go. When I changed to them it made a big difference on weight and overall height of the bar.

Sadly, my tongue piercing didn't last more then a month because of healing problems. I will be getting it done again in a few weeks.

5. phigity

phigity New Member

i have had both mine for about 4 years and just recently chipped a tooth. i switched to plastic ones and no problems since. but i love the feel of heavy metal in my mouth so i'll prob put the metals 6g's back in.

6. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

i've had mine for 10+ years now. its at 6g and has been for over 4yrs. if you switch to a shorter length bar, you really shouldnt have any problems chipping/cracking/damaging teeth. i've found with my customers most of them only damage teeth when they leave the original bar in.

7. fearandloathinginGA

fearandloathinginGA I love the little tacos. I love them good!

I'm still a n00b with the tongue ring, about a five to six weeks.I believe I fucked up one of my back teeth a few weeks ago.I noticed one day that there a big hole in my tooth.I thought it wa a cavity but then realized the other day that I bit my sly hard.I think it is from the stud but who knows.:bigthumb:

8. bigbade

bigbade New Member

i had one for about a year and a half and although i never cracked at the the time i bit down i did have bits of tooth fall off three teeth like for no reason. I also chewed on it alot and ground my teeth down

9. phigity

phigity New Member

try some arcylic then.

10. WyteKraka

WyteKraka New Member

i've had mine for like 8-9 months and only when i had the longer bar in did i ever bite it. but after i put the shorter bar in, i've never had any problem like that.

11. -Dexcile

-Dexcile Guest

Hi this is my first post here :bigthumb:
    Anyway ive had my tongue bar in since last august. I have no teath chipping worries as i have a 10mm bar with UV acrylic balls, my problem is this... Everytime i hook the bottom ball onto my bottom front teath (which has become compulsive) the top ball seems to dissapear into my tongue :hs: it doesnt hurt but its uncomfortable. any suggestions, is it time to remove it or moddify it?
    Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2004
  12. red89gt

red89gt OT Supporter

Dex: get a larger diameter top bead then. It should help prevent whats happening

I've chipped one tooth, nothing major, just have a rough spot on one tooth.

13. Nefarious1

Nefarious1 Guest

dex - you could also use a lifesaver

14. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

Had mine four years, no chipping. I'll reiterate the need to switch to a shorter length once initial swelling & healing is done (~4-6 wks). It greatly decreases the chances of those accidental "CHOMP"s on the barbell.

15. OTIS

OTIS yous guys want some cookiees? OT Supporter

I had mine for 4 years, never chipped a tooth. Went to the dentist one day and he told me it was wearing down my lower gum line on my front teeth. I noticed it to and after 2 weeks of thinking it over I took it out. Having a tongue stud in high school was fun, but they are kind of tacky if you think about it.

16. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

Sorry to hear about it. Did you happen to get a shorter barbell once your swelling went down? It really works wonders and is an approved method by the ADA that greatly reduces gum and enamel damage caused by having a too long barbell rubbing against the gums and teeth. A well fit stud will rest loosely on either side of the tongue and doesnt stick out much at all.

17. OTIS

OTIS yous guys want some cookiees? OT Supporter

I had the shortest barbell I could fit through my tongue for the last maybe 3.5 years of having it and the smallest ball on the bottom. I'm assuming it wore my gum line down from talking too much. I thought i'd better take it out before is causes problem later on down the road.
    I'm contemplating a tattoo now.

18. jhbmf

jhbmf OT Supporter

I have had mine for 4 years now and i have chipped a couple teeth. nothing real bad but i do bite it sometimes and damn it can hurt.

19. ronin11

ronin11 New Member

thanks for the replies all.. appreciated.. its something im thinking hard about doing and needed some advice.. :)

20. -Dexcile

-Dexcile Guest

good advice, thats what i was thinking about doing but the ball i have at the moemnt id fairly large. This all started when i had a really small one in there.
    Could you explain life saver. I have learned to not hook it and ive stopped making it go into my tongue. My problem now is that it doesnt seem to be getting any better despite very little playing. I really dont want to take it out

BTW ive never chipped any teeth but i do wear an acrylic ball on the bottom to stop damage from grinding.

21. Chrissy

Chrissy dnb doll

i've had mine for seven years and wear a half inch 8 guage barbell. i've never chipped my teeth, or had any problems like that. just make sure your barbell fits your tongue snug after you're healed. acrylic really irritated my tongue so i'll never use that. i wore one that glowed in the dark to a party one night and it was hell :(

i'll eventually get a titanium barbell once i want to move down to a 6 guage though. they are much lighter than stainless steel.