Long term relationship losing it's luster?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by THT, Apr 5, 2006.

1. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

I've been seeing the same person for two years. I love her very much and she's all that I could ask with one exception: sex isn't as fun as it used to be. This is my first relationship that has lasted this long and recently, I've noticed I'm flirting with girls from my past (flings and exs). While it's just over IM and I have no intention of ever cheating on my girlfriend, is this normal? After two years, is it pretty standard to "get bored?"

2. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

I think that a relationship slowing down a bit and possibly becoming a bit stale in bed is understandable after years of being together.

But on that note, I believe that the right relationship sees this and is able to autofix itself, without having to seek the attention of others.

3. low20

low20 Member

yeah, its a normal thing Id say.....though ive been with my girl for 1.5 yrs now and sex is still good tho only 1x a week, its great and still fun, but the luster of the new relationship has more than worn off and sometimes we just get bored with eachother...you have to do some things to spice it up, you need to be different, go do stuff, random stuff that you normally dont do...stay away from just hanging out watching movies or tv. go out etc and things will pick up not only in the bedroom but outside as well. id try to stop flirting with other chicks tho unless you see this relationship ending.

4. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

This is one of those times when you find out the difference between love and lust ;)

I can say that after 2 years there was no boredom at all with my now wife. :dunno: Being a flirt is no big deal though, thats natural...you are human. Everyone I know who is married still flirt, doesnt mean they have any intentions...flirting is just part of someones personality.

Low20, already down to once a week after 1.5 years...id pick up on that man! You shouldnt have to NEED to do special things to spice it up. I could sit around and starte at a wall with my wife for days at a time and nothing would be better...special things are nice, but certainly not a necessity.

Relationships should pick up over time, not wind down...

5. Foo Lyn Roo

Foo Lyn Roo New Member

You need to stop being comfotable and robotic about your love life.
    You two are the ones who make it stale or keep it fresh. There is
    no "time frame" that does it for you.
    While yes, you do get comfy with your partner, it should only prove to make sex more stimulating, and better (IE you both know what each other needs).

I have been with the same man for 15 years and we both enjoy our sex life very much. We still make our friends sick with our antics.

You two can do it too! It's not magic.
    Don't feel defeated, and face every night of love making - like it's your first (only be much better at it :big grin: )

6. sultry33

sultry33 New Member

:) yea i agree you need to stop the thing with your ex's and flings and concentrate on just u 2... chances are she is feeling the same, spice it up man!!
    i been with my man for 18months and he still drives me crazy... and today i bought naughty little outfit that i hope will knock him out!

keep it fun is what i say:mamoru:

7. Guardfather

Guardfather The Paradox

I like this response.

8. Foo Lyn Roo

Foo Lyn Roo New Member

The "Auto Fix" is what threw me.
    Nothing is Auto Fix..a good relationship sexual or otherwise is the direct result of two people constantly communicating and working together.

9. sultry33

sultry33 New Member

:naughty: well the outfit worked haha he is now sleeping like a baby

10. Foo Lyn Roo

Foo Lyn Roo New Member

woo hooo!
    U go Gurl!

11. sultry33

sultry33 New Member

he said i love maids outfit... i said no im a wrench!! he rofl and said think u mean wench!

oh well he snorin now and i nicked his go on comp:x:

12. low20

low20 Member

i know, id like to but when we started dating we were both V's...sorta for religious reasons, also just for personal reasons. after 3 months we decided to do the deed, but she ays she feels pressure every month, and nerves waiting for her period, even tho we use condoms. i think she might go on BCP soon and we will see if thingschange. she really dosnt want a physical based relationship...im fne with once a week. sometimes its twice, but we are both busy and usually tired anyway...

13. N-Word-Jim

N-Word-Jim Cure for boredom