Long story about being rejected....

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by dukedevil0, Jun 13, 2005.

1. dukedevil0

dukedevil0 Stop looking at me, swan.

I'm not providing much background on this story, but I'm hoping that some comments will be posted to maybe either clue me in on what is going on, what i should do, or maybe just some sympathy :hs:

Quick history about this girl. Met her in the fall through a mutual friend, we hit it off and talked/hung out a lot. She was going off to study abroad in the spring so I didn't want things to get too serious. I started falling for her hard and kissed her drunk once which actually seemed to go well. I drove her to the airport when she was flying away to Rome and I kissed her before she left and we decided that we would just see what happens when she returned in 4 months.

This is the email I just wrote to one of my best friends, maybe someone will actually read it though it is quite lengthy.

I'm just hoping someone can help in some way...

2. MrEous

MrEous OT Supporter

Take it with a grain of salt...give her space and go on with your life. Just because you got along really well with her doesn't mean it was meant to be.

Definitely give it time. Date around, see what other women are out there for you. She lives 1.5 hrs away from you...long distance relationships can be hard if you only see that person once a weekend.

Lastly, I wouldn't question her about 'why not' or 'what happened'. Things are what they are, questioning her will only make her want to distance herself from her. Just be her friend.

3. dukedevil0

:eek5: a reply, thanks for reading this

I wasn't planning on really questioning her ever. I just wonder in my own head what happened you know? I guess I just need to meet some new girls and try them out and once we get back to school in the fall, see if something happens or not.

4. MrEous

MrEous OT Supporter

Definitely...live your life as if nothing happened. If she wants to take it any further then let her make the next move.

:)

5. vtfuhlife

vtfuhlife Guest

The others gave good advice in this situation. You seemed to handle it much better than one of my friends that was in a similar situation. He was "in love" with this girl and after a bout a week she dumped him because she felt so pressured (rightfully so). The kid took it so hard that he had to go on anti-depressants. Given he has had kind of a tough life, he took things way too far; even going so far as telling me that this girl must've been the one and now he was worried he was going to die alone. He was a sophomore in college mind you. Thankfully, the pills worked and hes doing a lot better because he finally realized not to get to far ahead of himself.

So the lesson here boys and girls, take things slow and dont sweat hoes:bigok:

6. Rellik

Rellik New Member

i hope this can help dispell the "just tell her how you feel" bullshit...

7. NSX

NSX OT Supporter

Memo to you: don't start kissing a girl the day she leaves you. That will only confuse the hell out of women. Don't exactly know why that is, but it is.

8. dukedevil0

Only reason I did was because I thought I might never get the chance to again :o

Well that and the fact that I had been so pussy about it before, it was like a personal challenge to overcome.

9. dukedevil0

So here we are a week later....this shit gets to me every once in awhile.

I haven't really talked to her much since. Is this a good idea? I'm not avoiding her or anything, just not making an effort to talk to her every day. When I do talk to her I try to be happy and upbeat and friendly, nobody likes a depressing person.

I think we've "talked" for a total of 5 minutes in the last week. Should I try to be more friendly and talk to her more?

10. sipherx

sipherx Jamesl.info

I read the whole thing, basically I understand how you are feeling (trust me its been like this for me several times in the past) But you have to remember shes obviously growing up in terms of startin her career, her mindset and all her views are being changed everyday. The way she looks at life in general is probably different then it was 4 months ago. Everyday she is thinking more and more into the future and about what she will be like then. You never know maybe she will come back to you, but I mean atleast you never went further with her than just a kiss. I mean I dont even think based on your sotry and the email that there was a real strong attachment between you two, I could be wrong though. Im sure you will be fine, and if she never comes back dont kick yourself in the ass for it, I am sure you will find someone else. You are both young as well, views and impressions on life are changing all the time between the ages of 17-23 (true fact). Thats why young married couples have such a hard time staying together cause their mindsets are changing like teenagers going through puberty. Anyway correct me if I am wrong with any of opinions on this post. I feel for ya man, but hang in there.

11. sipherx

sipherx Jamesl.info

Keep this in mind too ^^^^

12. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

Let her come to you, and if she doesn't then it wasn't meant to be.

13. dukedevil0

Well after not really talking to each other since the whole confrontation happened I told my friend Greg that I didn't really want to go camping next weekend since Amy would be there and we weren't even talking anymore. Just so happens I get an IM from her the next day. (I'm Dave btw) I know AIM conversations suck so I apologize for that.

Now I'm not so sure how I should feel about her. I hadn't really been thinking about her much until this happened and now I'm rattled with questions. I'm wondering if right now I could even be just friends with her.

14. Godfather

Godfather "I'll make you an offer you can't refuse"

Dont let her get you with that Lets just be friends bullshit.... some guys just cant be friends with certain girls... there will always be that "Hey, maybe she feels different about me now. Maybe she likes me differently" thought.

And when the reality is more often then not contrary to what you are feeling all those old depressing feelings comeback and you feel shitty again.

do what you feel is best for you. If you really feel you can be happy around her just being friends then go for it. But if you are going to feel shitty while you are around her then dont let her pressure you into being friends.

15. orangecuse

orangecuse OT Supporter

from what you are saying and how you feel, i would try and keep my distance still. i think if you find another girl interesting in the least bit things will heal as "girlfriend amy" will start to fade away. then i see you two becoming friends.

16. TTmkiv

TTmkiv Elite Member

I was in a similar situation once. Except the girl told me something to the effect that she would date me if I wasn't so shallow and materialistic. Interesting coming from a girl with fake tits.

To make a long story short, she wanted to remain friends. I tried to do that until she got a BF, things got complicated, the guy wanted to fight me, and so on and so forth.

Personally, I would just continue keeping my distance, unless you really want to keep her as a friend and things like her getting a BF and having to see them together doesn't bother you.

17. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

Yeh until you stop having those feelings towards her I dont think you can be friends unless you can shut off your feelings.