SRS Long Distance Relationships...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by momoarrowz, Apr 3, 2005.

1. momoarrowz

momoarrowz New Member

So i have a problem. I love girls who do not live in new york. I specifically love women in tennessee and always wind up meeting them online and they go nuts about me, i guess for the same reasons i go nuts about them. They are sweeter, friendlier, look different, act different and best all sound different. ( I *LOVE* tennessee accents ).

So this being said ive recently met a girl, i wont post pics becasue this is the intraweb :hsugh: but she is absolutely beautiful. Nonetheless her and I are really into eachother. We met online and talk alot everyday, shes always sending me text messages or calling me and whatnot and in reality we are the same person. Sarcastic, hillarious, a little naughty :naughty:.

She talks to me like she thinks its possible for us to work. She says she would see me as much as she could and vice versa and wants to come to new york in august to stay with me for a week or so. And i am heading to memphis to goto the beale st music festivle at the end of april with some friend from memphis ( Thats how i found out i love tennessee, by going to see them ). The girl wants to come see the concert and stay with me one night (because she cant take off for all 3 days) in the hotel.

I dont know what to do at this point. I dont want to get my hopes up and let down and i think personally becasue she lives so far away that i dont think it will work.

Any advice?

CLIFFS: Need advice on LD relationships :sadwavey:

2. Bleed

Bleed New Member

go for it. take it in stride and if it's meant to be, then it's meant to be. :)

3. momoarrowz

momoarrowz New Member

Or im setting myself up for a huge letdown, i dont want to get attached

4. Original

Original OT Supporter

I think you already might know the answer!

Don't become too attached, but stay interested. There is a chance of being let down, but then again, everything looks very good in your situation!

I wouldn't expect a let down, but be prepared that it COULD happen.

See how it goes :hs:

5. momoarrowz

momoarrowz New Member

Good advice, thanks :)

6. Mel

Mel RIP James :(

They're hard, a lot of work, and can be totally worth it in the end. You both have to have the same trust, love, and dedication for each other for it to work. I speak from experience.

7. p00tan6

p00tan6 New Member

Dont do it.

8. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

I say go for it. You don't want a life of regret. My experience with LD didn't work out...but at least I can say I tried everything I could.

9. momoarrowz

momoarrowz New Member

Update: im heading to memphis in 3 weeks to go see her and some friends i have down there. Shes spending friday,sat, and sun with me in the hotel :noes: maybe this will work out :eek3: :dunno:

10. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

my general stance on LD relationships is, they don't exist until you've at least met in person and confirmed your feelings for eachother...

if once you've met, the feelings stay true and the same, then it all depends on how much work you're willing to put into it (LD relationships take a LOT more effort than close ones)

11. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

oh... and a little hope story...

my sister went to quebec several years ago for a few weeks, met a guy there, and i guess love was born quickly.... she came back to calgary (we're talking at least 2500 miles distance here) they'd email/call daily (we had to get an unlimited weekends/evenings LD plan) and that summer, he came out here for a bit, next summer her out there, etc, etc... this went on for about three years, when he finished his bachelors and moved out here to continue for his doctorate..

they're married now, with a 9 month old dauighter

12. momoarrowz

momoarrowz New Member

I agree, but i have a feeling things will be the same once i get there if not better. I cant move, tennesse just has no jobs for me. I work at a large publishing company in NYC and make a good chunk of change and have my whole career ahead of me. But granted her moving is a alot bigger deal then me moving, i know this is all probably too soon, but she does bring it up sometimes

13. momoarrowz

momoarrowz New Member

At least there is some hope out there.. :)

14. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

*nods* it's definitely a problem... but, ultimately, you two will have to decide who's gonna move (maybe even both of you to a new place where there's jobs for each of you)

but, that's a question for later, when you've decided you two want to be together forever... until then, you just need to enjoy eachother and see where things go. since you're far apart, take the moments together and cherish them, but keep them real too... dont let yourself get stuck in a fantasy

15. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Just steel yourself for the possibility of failure. Putting yourself out there, out of your own territory seems to amplify the feelings. Just be careful.

I'd do it all again but it sucked major.

Good luck.