Long Distance Relationship

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by LS1>, Jan 30, 2008.

1. LS1>

LS1> OT Supporter

So this has just been something on my mind since I have been LOLing at the thought of my ex and her actions.

Ok so what I am wanting to know is what are the pros and cons of a LDR?

My Ex is dateing a guy who is flying her out twice a month to see him. When she told me she replyed with you will have nothing positive to say. I told her good luck but in reality I am trying to figure out why anyone would want to do it.

Only pros I can see is she can have what she believes to be commited relationship. This guy can have his own life and see his girls yet she could do the same thing. For now thats what looks like she is doing. Since she started going out with him she has locked herself at home all weekend. No friends no going out nothing. She chated on me and I am sure with lack of daily attention she will cheat on him.

SO anyway what the pros and cons?

2. pixiedei

pixiedei New Member

I did the LDR thing for a little while, but the lack of phsyical contact was almost too much for me. We stuck through and he moved to Seattle from California, but the time actually in the LDR was one of the worst things I've ever decided to do. Though, there is the plus of not having to deal with someone in your every day life.

Pros:
    Phone sex.
    Freedom.
    More chance to take it slow, I guess.
    Travel.

Cons:
    No physical contact.
    Lots of miscommunication.
    Frustration.
    Travel.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Why do you care? Stop talking to your ex. You care too much about what she's getting out of that relationship.

4. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Why are you still talking with your ex (who cheated on you) on the phone?

5. kiri

kiri New Member

i'm in a LDR right now, and it's great :dunno:

we see each other pretty frequently (almost every weekend) so it's kinda nice. i'm still in school but he already graduated, so during the week i can just go to class and get my work done and stuff, and then on the weekends we do stuff together. of course i miss the physical contact, but we talk everyday and it's not unbearable. after i graduate this spring, we're moving away and getting a place together.

oh and i wouldn't bother being in a LDR unless it was someone i REALLY love and think it has the potential of being very long-term

6. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

yeah it sucks being in a LDR when you're with someone that you really want to spend a lot of time with, and you're in love with, but its something that I do because I want to be with him in the long run.

Pros:
    -I get to live my own life before we try and have a life together...this one is important because we've been dating since we were really young, and helps us avoid that whole "I wanna see what other peope are like" thing
    -Increased levels of trust and communication
    -Increased appreciation of the time we spend together
    -We can both focus on whats important to us (school, work), which will make us together better in the long run

Cons:
    -Lack of physical contact, as was already stated
    -If your relationship is weak, LDRs will make those weaknesses come out
    -You have to travel a few hours every time you want to see each other, and try to coordinate your schedules in advance to work out a time to get together
    -In our case, living with roommates needs to be listed as a con.

7. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

You're worrying about an LDR that your ex is in.

Let me repeat that:

YOU'RE WORRYING ABOUT AN LDR THAT YOUR EX IS IN

Get a life?