Long Distance Relationship

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by JumboJym69, Mar 8, 2006.

1. JumboJym69

JumboJym69 New Member

I recently got back together with an ex but now she lives 4 hours away. I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't know 100% that I am absolutely in love with her, she is the one I want to be with for the rest of my life. We are living far away from each other and get to see each other rarely. Things are very hard for both of us in this situation. I am basically just looking for suggestions on how I can try to make things easier on both of us untill we can be together. THanks

2. Felix

Felix Its good to be me.

See each other when you can and make the best of the time you actually do have together. However, if you haven't yet, please make sure she feels the same way you do. It won't last if she doesnt' want the same thing as you

3. k0in b4hd

k0in b4hd New Member

lets be honest here things dont look well

4. JumboJym69

JumboJym69 New Member

I'm sure of that, things were very ugly between us for a while but when we finally started speaking again it was like none of that matter. We do make the most of our time together and it is going well. I just know it is going to be a while till I get out of school and we can be closer and I want to make it as easy as possible for us.

5. Felix

Felix Its good to be me.

If you are sure both of you feel the same way then just stick it out and hope for the best. Don't be surprised if feelings start to change though

6. low20

low20 Member

ive been in 2 LD relationships...one was about 14 hour drive and the other was about 3 day drive (east to west coast)...they both sucked big time, tho the 3000mile one was better cause I flew out a bunch of times and she came here a bunch of times which really helped. If i was only 4 hours away id be uip there as much as possible. spend weekends like every other week if possible. LD sucks but if u want it to work, it can, but only for so long...soon enough u get fed up with having a gf far away cuz it occurs to you that you could have a gf in the next town that you could see everyday and stuff.

7. Solus Emsu

Solus Emsu ****** U N R A T E D ! ****** -----THAT'S HOW I RO

I have a question......

What is keeping you from being with her? Why are you both so far away from each other?

8. JumboJym69

JumboJym69 New Member

I am in radiology school and I graduate in September. She was living around Atlanta also, but at the end of '05 her living situation got real fucked up and she had to move to TN with her parents. Now she has a real good job with the company that her dad is the VP of and it would be very difficult for her to leave.

I go to school five days a week so I am only able to work on the weekends. She works all week at her Pop's company and for the time being she is working at a resturant on the weekends untill she moves out of her parents house on the first of April. So we get very few weekends we can spend with each other.

9. BeachBoy

BeachBoy New Member

I tried long distance and it did not work

I guess it also depends on your interests and schedules

in my case, I was wakeboarding every weekend and she liked it but not enough to go every weekend, so both were3 doing way too many compromises and it went down.

10. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

I've never had a LDR work out, and that is what I have heard from most other folks as well.

Plainly, I think it shows you are desperate for her, which is a turn off. Me, I'd never do it again.

11. naps79

naps79 New Member

My long distance was half way around th world, it's very hard to keep in contact or even trust. But 4 hours seems do-able.

12. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

Try to make time to see each other half way. Even if it is for a few hours. Grab your laundry and sit at the laundramat with each other (don't laugh, it's quality talk time and it's gotta get done.)

See if you two can arrange your respective work schedules in psync. Meaning that if you're going to work Saturday day, that she work Saturday day. Then afterwork, get a cheapie hotel, grab the laundry and meet in Chattanooga. Be willing to get up early to make your shift on Sunday.

Get a cheap phone card and do email. And just know it's only until September. That's the real light at the end of the tunnel. It's not that long.

13. Solus Emsu

I was in a long distance relationship for about a year.
    It worked out and I am married to her now.
    We both had to sacrifice a lot to be with each other, but we wanted to be together more than anything. So it didn't seem so much to sacrifice the stuff we did and are sacrificing.

It just depends on how much you both want to be together.

14. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

You know, you might hit 14,000 before I hit 1,000.

15. Solus Emsu

Wish me luck :x:

16. noola

noola New Member

Im in a 5 hour LDR and its been 7 months and working so far. I think its the best possible test for a relationship. If you can do LDR, you can do anything, and it was meant to be.

17. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

I'd really prefer not to have to go through that test in the first place thanks :wiggle: It doesn't necessarily mean you'd be great together though, you might get sick of each other real fast when you do finally move in and/or see each other every day. The freedom and space could actually be a good thing for some couples.