Long distance relationship. HELP!!

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by SovietRussia, Sep 18, 2005.

1. SovietRussia

SovietRussia What? You pooped in the refrigerator? OT Supporter

so i started seeing this girl that lives 1.5 hours away. we were basically just hanging out having fun. we would sleep in the same bed cuddling and such. so i was visiting her this past weekend, and we were talking about starting a relationship, but she basically told me she couldnt deal with the distance. i know she really likes me, and i do her, so short of moving down there...what can i do?:sadwavey:

2. Asses Maximus

Asses Maximus Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Guns d

1.5 hours is not that far. Give it a shot. If it works, then you could have something great. If you dont try, you will never know...

3. Dr3w321

Dr3w321 Sgt. Pepper's Lonely

Long distance relationships rarely work just to warn you.

I always thought the one I was in would work out, and i tried so hard to make it, but it just makes things too hard.

4. SovietRussia

i want to give it a shot, but she thinks the distance is too great. i wish i knew what to tell her to convince her to give it a try.

when she told me we were too far away, i just accepted it without putting up any fight, since i had been talking to her about it and trying to convince her the week prior.

5. RockChick

RockChick New Member

1.5 hours???????????????????????????? ONLY?
    oh come on guys... living 7000miles away, coming from different countries is long distance.... not 1.5hours in the same country.

6. Janus Prospero

Janus Prospero Project: Alice

1.5 hours is not bad. My bf and I are currently seperated by a 9 hour train ride. At home, he lives almost 1.5 away and we do it. Perfectly fine too. If she isn't comfortable with it, there won't be any talking her into it. You can try telling her that you are for it and that you guys can try it for a little bit.

7. TheMyth

TheMyth New Member

1.5 hours isnt bad really, it might just be that she doesnt want a relationship right now and thats her letting you down easy. Or maybe she's done the long distance thing before and it was scerwed up and she doesnt want to do it again.

8. Bounty15

Bounty15 OT Supporter

Yeah, I don't think 1.5 hours away even counts as long distance. I mean it's not that hard to get that far.

9. SovietRussia

both sound plausible. because she has told me she has had to previous relationships that were about the same distance, and the previous relationships ended badly (cheating, lying, etc.) i dont know. :hsd:

10. hello pedro

hello pedro Guest

this pisses me off. i'm in a 500 mile distance relationship going to college. it's not that hard dude. just fucking do it.

11. AlexC927

AlexC927 New Member

not that hard my ass....

but seriously...1.5 hours is really not that far...

500 miles on the other hand...that must be hard......mad props and good lucj

12. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

1.5 hours away isnt long distance at all.

You can make work whatever you WANT to make work. Just realize that you have to MAKE it work, things arent giong to automatically be great and perfect for any relationship.

If she doesnt want to deal with it, it means she doesnt want to WORK to keep a relationship. In other words, she will find something else to fuck you over on later...

13. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

How old are you both?

14. okita1

okita1 Great spirits have always encountered violent oppo

is this the thinking about you a lot girl?
    1.5 is definatly workable, but it sounds like she doesnt want to try and make it work

15. darkmon33624

darkmon33624 New Member

It all depends on if either one of you will get tempted 'cause the distance is there. It's not that great of a distance, but 20 minute ride relationships end badly too.

16. SovietRussia

yep same one.

17. SovietRussia

24 (me) 23 (her)

18. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Then definitely both old enough to make it work if both parties are willing.

19. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

where are the two of you? 1.5 hours isn't bad at all, that's like a car ride from appleton to madison. easily doable if you're both willing.

20. JaxFlJon

JaxFlJon Guest

My g/f lives <45 mins away from me. Sometimes I wish it was further away :wtc:

21. orion

orion New Member

Dude, i just got out of one. It fucking sucks to break it off , thats a given. I was 2.5 hours away, and we still couldn't make it work. Last weekend it ened, now we talk kind of. We do the cuddle thing and are good friends. Its just hard man, put everything you have into it. Don't make her do all the work. But the best thing i think is to at lest try. Maybe your will work out and it will lest until you come back home or do whatever.

22. Unicron

Unicron New Member

man, my chick lives 1300 miles away. we just recently started seeing each other in the grand scheme; I've known her for 12 years.
    it works because we both really want it to work:)

my chick says that she doesn't want to jump into long distance with someone she just started to see.

23. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

Umm, yeah 1.5 hour isn;t really that far. My "so" lives in UT and I live in CA. I see him about every month and it costs either me or him $150-$200 an hour plane ride, and a weekend to clear our schedules for a trip. That is hard. But it works, sure we have had plenty of problems and it is not picture perfect at all, but we love each other so we make it happen.

24. SovietRussia

im glad things are going well for you. we havent known eachother long enough, that apparently she isnt too keen on trying to make it work even. so i suppose i will just move on and forget her. no need for me to try and make things work and possibly ruin a mediocre friendship. :hsd:

25. The Green Bastard

The Green Bastard Click click click bang

:werd: Unless you can move there, it's not gonna work. I was (and still am) in love with a girl who broke up with me because of the distance.

It just hurts too much, and isn't probably going to work. I tried my damndest, too.