Long distance (FWB) relationship...?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by kramer, Feb 2, 2009.

1. kramer

kramer New Member

Ok long story short... I was set up on a blind date with a girl about a week ago. I was TOTALLY against the idea, as blind dates are stupid and everyone assumes that you're going to get set up with someone who is 300+lbs and doesn't bathe.

Anyway, it turns out the girl I got set up with is really really cool and very pretty. We're both into the same types of music, have laid back personalities, have the same type of humor, both smoke weed, etc etc.

The only hitch is that.... she lives about 55 minutes away from me in a pretty rural area. This is really shitty because... I actually would date her if location wasn't an issue. But location is an issue. Hense my dilemma.

Now that gas is cheaper, the 55 minute drive wouldn't be the most expensive thing in the world, but the drive is sooooooo longgggggg and soooooo far awayyyyyyy :wtc:

Advice/suggestions?

2. _A_

_A_ New Member

Take turns driving to see each other.
    Go out places where both of you only have to travel 20-30 mins.
    If you like her, the drive is worth it.
    Also, is this just for sex or do you want to date her? if its just for sex, find someone closer unless you suck at picking up chicks.

3. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Dude, if you honestly thing 55 mins is a long way, then damn.

I live in Rhode Island, saying that, I can travel from one of RI, to CT to MA in like an hour flat. My most recent ex lived 40 mins away, and I made the trek every day, or 4/5 days a week. And thats considering I could of driven to Connecticut every day, just to give you relations to the size of the state.

If its a FWB relationship, then hell. Whats a 45 min or 1 hour drive for a fuck buddy? Worth it imo.

Even MORE worth it if its your g/f, or someone who could possibly be your gf.

4. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

She's not even an hour away. :ugh: Are you that damn lazy or do you really just not care about seeing her?

5. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

get the eff over the 55 mins and date her. 55 mins is nothing. i used to commute over an hour every day to and from work and my husband and i used to live 2 hours away. 55 mins is easy

6. lauren

lauren Active Member

fucking 55 min? suggestion? grow a pair or date your neighbor.

7. just_another_on

this

this

THAT.

I guess I wasn't the only one here. If shes worth it, shes worth an hour, or two considering round trip

8. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

55 minutes isn't a long distance relationship.

9. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

WTF 55 minutes is not a fucking long distance thing.

I used to commute that far for work. Most of my ex's lived up to 1hr 30 away.

Fucking hell. She's amazing blah blah blah but you can't be arsed to drive a really short distance to be with her?

10. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

guys, if he doesn't like the distance, he doesn't like the distance. I'm the same way.

To the TS: You've made up your mind, you said it already. The distance is an issue for you, so let it go. Don't cut her out of her life or anything, but don't put all your energy into her either.

Carry on with your life, and hey, you've still made a friend at least.

11. kramer

kramer New Member

Thanks for showing a little compassion.

The 55 minute drive isn't a MAJOR inconvenience for me or anything, but it's definitely not something that I'm used to. I live in a major city and am used to having everything at my fingertips within a 10 minute drive or a few minute walk or bike ride.

Driving through country roads in an area that I'm not familiar with at all is the main concern, I suppose.

I'm leaning more towards the idea that it wouldn't be such a bad thing if we were to date. Maybe the distance between us would keep us from hanging out in excess and keep the relationship interesting.

12. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Have fun dating the small pool of women within a 20 minute radius of your house then :rofl:

Sorry baby, you're awesome, but you like 25 minutes away so we can't date. See ya!

edit - you live in a major city... i GUESS i see where you're coming from. But still, my friend lives in Chicago and is dating a chick in Seattle.

13. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

if you live in a city she should be coming to see you because where you live is more exciting than where she lives.

14. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

unless you live in the hood.

15. LaurenAshley

LaurenAshley We are all made of stars

lol you think 55 minutes is a problem? if you think she's great then you'll make it happen. You don't have to see her every day.

16. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

My gf lives about an hour away, but she usually comes over after work because she can take the train here and I live closer to her work than she does.

And i live in the city.

17. Ideotique

But country roads are the best for driving. Long sweeping bends, no cops, no traffic lights, no traffic. Just you and the road and the car working together.

Hell, I've dated a girl once just because she lived on one of the best driving roads around. Took me 40 odd minutes to get there, but 30 minutes was just an excuse to drive along this road.

18. just_another_on

Haha, you sound like a car enthusiast, thats epic! Dedication, I've been there for the love of the road.

19. Ideotique

Yea, just a little bit. Audi S3, Blistein and Eibach suspension, brembo brake package, carbon fibre airbox, full remus exhaust, used to have a 3 series coupe modded in a similar way.

Apparently she could hear me coming for about 10 minutes before I got there :o

20. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

:rofl: 55 minutes