SRS Lonely

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Anticipate, May 20, 2008.

1. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

I am so incredibly lonely. I find it very difficult to connect with other people in an emotional way, even my family members and old friends I have started to feel increasingly detached from over the years. Any suggestions?

2. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Need more information there friend. Why is it that you are lonely? What is it about the attempts to connect that you find difficult? What are feelings on why you are becoming detached?

3. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

I live alone, many of my friends are married. I feel isolated from my peers, since most people, even if not married, at least have steady jobs. In the past few years, I have had several different jobs, many of them being part time or temporary. I find it hard to connect with people since I feel that many people look down on me for my lack of success in the professional world...I honestly just don't know how to connect with people.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Ah i was extremely lonely too, but one night i had a dream.

In this dream my family gathered i went towards my uncle and confronted him with my lonelyness. He said: If you don't want to be lonely then you have to step towards the people.

Best advice id ever had from a dream. :bowdown:

And its true, instead of expecting people to come to you, you need to step towards the people, social intereaction is a constant investment of energy, its up to you to decide how much energy you want to put into it.

Difficulty starting a conversation? Just ask a question , it can be as silly as just asking the time. If the convo seems to die out, just simply ask another question. Don't see talking as a form of torture, its a way of having fun, don't be afraid to ask questions , talking is free and you will be more informed. Also listen to comedy central on winamp for at least 1 hour a day, it will show you how wonderfull it can be to connect to people.