SRS Lonely summer

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Sotangledup, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Sotangledup

Sotangledup Guest

I feel lonely, almost lost. In need to talk and feeling trapped within my apartment. Anyone else feeling lost in the middle of the summer? I'm young, you're probably young as well, shouldn't we be clubbling till 5 am, living the crazy life?

2. johan

johan Active Member

If you like clubbing, then go. Go by yourself if you have to. It's not that hard, just have to steel yourself and go the first couple of times to get over it.

If you don't actually like clubbing per se, but are just feeling like you need to get out somewhere, then think of some activities that you'd like to do.

Pick some sports and join a local club or drop in centre. Even if you don't really like sports, pick one that you mind the least and go do that. Physical activity will help you feel better about yourself. Trust me on this one.

Do that in addition to the other activities you're going to think of and then participate in.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

go to a PLACE. Instead of staying home, say 'screw it im going out' grab your jacket, and steam of to the beach,parties, clubs, or neat convo places where people come together.

4. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

Try going to a coffee shop or of the like and writing down all your thoughts and emotions you're dealing with. Then, read them back to yourself and see how rediculous they really sound or you'll be able to think soundly and offer yourself your own advice.

Or, go out on dates. Set up some online and start meeting new people, experiences, activities, etc.

5. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

6. Bleed

Bleed New Member

I'm with Dave. I always feel 100x better after a good workout or sex. They both do the whole endorphin thing. :bigthumb:

7. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Try parties. Much more relaxed enviroment and free.

8. johan

johan Active Member

I'm thinking that no one's inviting him to any parties. REAL parties, not playing LAN games at your guy friend's house or something similar.

Hence, the alone in his cavernous apartment thingy he's currently dealing with.

Walk before you run. If you just showed up at a party in your current state, you know what would happen? NOTHING.

I see guys like you, they show up, stand in the corner, or hover near a group staring at all the hotties who purposely have their backs toward them, or oscillate between the food/drinks table and the nearest wall, maybe trying to look interested in a plant or something.

Someone inevitably says under their breath "who the hell invited THEM??"

And so at the end of the evening, they retreat home, bewildered, angry and also relieved that the ordeal is OVER.

This is not a good way to build self-esteem, in fact, it just reinforces the self-image of the lonely outsider.

Follow my previous post and explore some low-risk social situations, this will help build up the skills you need.

Otherwise, setting off for a hottie-filled party (assuming you ever get invited to one) is like being dropped into a roman coliseum, naked and holding a photo of your mommy. You already know the outcome even before the lions are released.

Learn the skills dude. It may not come naturally to you, but that's all the reason to work for it.
    It's within your grasp. You just need to work on it.

9. waffler

waffler Errrbuddy in this bitch get tipsy

partying till 5am isnt all its lived up to be, your body really starts to a take toll when u do it alot, ive been doing it like 2-4 times a week for months and its definently catching up

10. johan

johan Active Member

You don't need to party till 5am and get shit-faced in order to have a good time.
    It's much better for your game if you don't get blotto all the time. Better for your liver too.

11. Spirito

Spirito New Member

No , don't burn the candle from the both sides :x: :x: :mamoru: