SRS Lonely in a new city

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by babiedollgirl, Dec 21, 2006.

1. babiedollgirl

babiedollgirl Active Member

My husband and I moved to Houston about a year and a half ago he is adjusting fine but i am having a hard time making friends. Its gotten to the point that this is realy depressing me. Ive tryed making firends with my Husbands friends SO's but it just doesn't seem to work im beging to think im not likeable or somthing maybe there is somthing wrong with me. They say you have to be a firend to make a friend and i really have tryed that i call invite them to watch a movie go shopping but nothing seems to stick the one friend i though i had did nothing but lie and talk behind my back to other people. Is it so bad that i want to have a friend to talk and do stuff with ?
    OT you have any advice for me :sadwavey:

2. wack0

wack0 New Member

myspace.com

3. babiedollgirl

Thats another problem i dont really have any "hobbies" that i can burry my self in when we lived in new orleans i had school, work, lived with my 3 best friends went out or had people over pretty much every night if i wansn't with my B/F then now husband. However my life then went for a 180 when a hurricane came through new orleans and i had to come here to houston me and my now husband moved into an apt and it is now no school still have work but none of the other stuff.

4. babiedollgirl

go out dance drink just have a good time :dunno:

5. babiedollgirl

im only 19 so ive always had school and work wich took up a big part of my life when i was in school i was in national honor society, pres of student council, did internship as network admin,and was captain of the basket ball team all that seems to do me no good now.

6. babiedollgirl

hm... i like the coaching thing that could be fun.... i wonder if you have to have any special traning for that?

7. teo

teo . => ? => !

I started taking adult group lessons on violin this past September to "get out more". As it turned out, the instructor is near my age and we get along famously. TeoFriends = TeoFriends + 1. You won't often find new friends until you put yourself in new places.

8. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Put an ad on craigslist in the strictly platonic section saying that you are new in town and want people to hang out with. You might get a few weirdos but I'm sure some normal people will respond too.