A&P London at night

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Dan-blackline, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Dan-blackline

Dan-blackline Registered Sex Offender

Went out to London the other day, and stuck my camera in my bag and came back with a few shots.

All done on a Fujifilm S5500 P&S

I didn't have my tripod, so most of the pictures are blurry and such.

I know they are super noisy too, anyone with any idea on how to solve this please tell me, I was shooting with really low ISO levels.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really nothing special because I wasn't planning on a photo day, but I felt like sharing.

And yes I know a few aren't at night :hs:

2. nicklk

nicklk New Member

All the night photos are blurry, need a tripod!

On a side note, DAMN I miss London....thats a rockin city! I was in Westminster for a month like 6 years ago...

3. CornUponCob

CornUponCob New Member

The darker a picture is the noisier it will be (with progressively more noise in the darker areas). In general, if you can vew a histogram on you P&S always try to expose to the right (side of the histogram).

This has to do with the camera having less photons to work with in the darker areas. It has a harder time "guessing" how much light actually hit those pixels, and it doesn't always get it right.

4. Dan-blackline

I need a DSLR :wtc:

Pretty sure there's no histogram on this camera either.

I'm gonna go up in a few weeks I think and bring my tripod and just spend the day taking photos, there's so much stuff there to take photo's of, it would take years to exhaust it.

Also, anyone got any tips on way to photograph buskers and such? Ask them, just snap away or zoom from a distance? I wanted to take one of this guy on a bridge with a really old busted guitar, but it felt far too weird to just walk up and take a photo.

5. LeftRightLeft

LeftRightLeft OT Supporter

im sure he would let u photograph him after u give him some money

6. CornUponCob

CornUponCob New Member

Give him a few bills or coins (fuck, I can't remember what currency they use there for certain.... pounds?) and then tell him to ignore you.

7. N-Word-Jim

N-Word-Jim Cure for boredom

Take the photos without asking and try not to be noticed. After you're done, drop him enough to pick up a beer or two if he noticed you.

If he notices you, give him a bill if he agrees to ignore you. But make sure you get a portrait or two of him making whatever face he wants if you pay him. That could prove to be quite interesting ;).

8. Dan-blackline

I'll give it a go next time I'm up there, there's some really talented guys. There's usually an old black guy playing jazz by Camden bridge, but unfortunately he wasn't there.

9. nicklk

nicklk New Member

Greatest thing about photography is that they can be the shittiest singers/artists in the world, but a photograph can make them look like a legend

10. joy division

joy division New Member

I just go up to people and ask to take their picture.

The first time I had a camera, I was in NYC and walked around till I saw someone interesting- then took their picture....learned some life stories, some other interesting things; definitely don't just take their picture and try not to be noticed. Learn something about your subject, makes it all worthwhile.