Lol Vag is usually right in the end

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by HuskiRuski, May 22, 2008.

1. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

So long story short, my ex and I broke up about 6 months ago after an on/off relationship with basically a little bit of everything (LDR, cheating, misunderstandings, mutual breakups, dumps, all the shit). The last time we broke up, it was basically her saying she doesn't want a relationship with me b/c she sees me as just a friend.

I was pretty down in the dumps when it happened, and it took me a long time to even accept that she was serious and that's how she actually felt. I posted on the vag about it, and everyone kept saying that this girl was just playing games and wasn't right for me. I was jaded and kept saying "blah blah blah, it was just circumstance, she's awesome and i still care about her. she's just confused."

anyway, so since then she'd sent me a few casual emails just checking up, one of which (like 2 months ago) i responded to. just a few minutes ago, I called her up because I needed to pick up a few things from her place, including something I need for a job interview on Friday.

the whole conversation she was doing the whole push/pull thing and flirting somewhat, and i was just like "ok, i'm gonna pick those up this week, that's all i wanted to say really..." she kept prolonging the conversation and then all of a sudden said "ok, my friend is coming over soon. i'm gonna have to let ya go."

:hsugh:

thing is, she'd been doing similar things for much of the later part of our relationship, and i just never realized it because i was so head over heels for her. when the vag pointed it out, i completely rejected its advice because i was an idiot.

oh well. i'm basically over her at this point, and seeing that she's playing all these games just makes it more apparent that she wasn't right.
    not really much point to this thread, except advice to others to take the vag's word on a lot of stuff, especially if they all agree on something. the vag usually knows what its talking about :)rofl:)

2. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

Yeah, but I am still not sold on the Vag's approaching opinion. :hs:

3. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

awesome

good to hear, man -- time to enjoy yourself, worry free

see what works for you then

after 1000 or so you'll have learned and noticed some fascinating shit

theory only came about from experience -- and though I hate to say it, a lot of info is spewed from people without experience

The only REAL person you can trust is yourself.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Glad you've seen the light :)

5. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

Approaching in a more calm friend way has gotten the same results as the Vag's way of asking for a phone number the first few moments you see her and call her for a date. Don't get me wrong. I am trying the Vag's way but I 've heard quite the opposite from female friends.

6. macbook bro

macbook bro Guest

7. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

get the number the first few moments you see her?

I guess even I don't know what the Vag way is then.

In general, though, I hardly listen to female advice about what they like (no offense, girls!). They don't really consciously know how they like to be approached. They might make an image in their head of how it would look, but until the moment hits the emotion isn't there.

Like if a girl said she's dated assholes in the past who all treated her like shit, but she really wants a nice guy who will bring her flowers.

As nice as it sounds to want to be that guy, you'd have a much better shot at being a dick. Logical mind doesn't matter. Emotional mind does. It's no coincidence she dates mostly dickheads.

I feel flames coming on, but experience and science I think is on my side.

8. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

results

your ideas are welcomed

9. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

beer gives good advice, she's learned a lot about what works here

10. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Why didn't you end the phone conversation when YOU wanted to? Why did you wait for her to do it?

The way you attempted to end the call was basically you asking her permission to get off the phone. You sought her approval.

Approval-seeking is quite possibly the #1 behavior that will lower her interest level.

Next time, take control and tell her you are getting off the phone.

"Ok, my friend will be here soon so I'm getting off the phone now."

Her: "blah blah blah blah"

"Talk to you later"

Then hang up the phone.

Many of us have been in your shoes in the past.

I would have loved to have someone to ask questions about this stuff, but I didn't have that available to me back then.

11. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

i see what you mean, i just didn't really care enough to do so.

12. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Aww, stop :greddy::mamoru:

13. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

it would have been good practice for the next girl

they are all going to test you like this in various ways

14. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I've been there man... and went through something quite similar.
    I still kinda am because all the sudden the ex is calling/texting me all the time

It is going to be a lot harder when you see her to "exchance" stuff... so if possible, do it without seeing her in person, or at least just don't get sucked into her trap of games she will undoubtably attempt to play.

15. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I've been there. It was early on in my relationship with the ex, and after they hammered her, I stopped seeking advice from others altogether. Dumb move because looking back, they were 100% right. And the reason they were right was because they went through the same thing themselves. No relationship is ever unique. The ones that work share things in common just like the ones that fail all share things in common.

16. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

it wasn't bad. i just made it an in/out. i'll probably see her again in these next few weeks because she and another girl are having a 'going away party' before they go to summer school. honestly, the games just don't reallly bother me at this point because it's old news. plus she's got a new bf, so that's a pretty damn clear signal that any flirtations at me are just to get a rise out of me.

17. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

so true. i realized this independently after this relationship. they're all the same and it's never the case that "but we're different. we'll defy the odds!"

you can pretty much look at a relationship on the surface, examine all its circumstances and some basic interactions of the couple, and you'd be pretty good at guessing which ones will last and which ones don't